CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 17, 2003, 05:40 AM

sponsored links

Daplayer, not sure what you mean... but hey, glad is's fixed.
My posts might have been a little basic, but that's my job - I get paid to fix stupid computer/electronic problems made by dumb people, so I tend to look for the simple problems first!
Old Apr 18, 2003, 08:27 AM

Default How Dumb we Are!

Lowndsy,

I'm an Engineer by trade, and sometimes we all look away from the obvious because it seeems like the problem is bigger than we think.

I had assumed from my tests with my cheezy P133 laptop, that the sound wasn't an issue. Thinking that if you run through a good quality amp and speakers that will take care of it. I was wrong.

Now, with the digital output of the Turtle Beach card, I actually think the sound quality is better than when I was running CD+G out of my Pioneer 300 Disc Changer.

Uncle,

I looked at the USB audio out solution. Problem was, I couldn't find one, and I am using all of my USB ports. I know, I could add a hub, but I got so much stuff hooked up to this thing already, I had to start labeling things to be able to hook it up.
Old Apr 18, 2003, 10:16 AM

yeah im a computer tech by trade too infact i own my own company SYSTECH Computers, know what u mean though its always the basic things that out do us... lol

basically what i was saying is :

the sound card has many filters on it for different reasons one of them is to get rid of all the crap interferance that passes through it, on cheap cards or mobo or onboard souncards sometimes only put basic filters on hence when u turn the volume up you can hear the crap that is usually not detectable to the ear, and most boards now adays use ac97 i tend to think its a crap card IMO...

and cant really be arsed going into detail but i know u know what i mean seeing as you are a techy too..

Last edited by daplaya; Apr 19, 2003 at 04:55 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2003, 07:23 PM

Uncle Den was right. Thats a good buy & takes away the pain of a lot of shitty noise. Thanks m8.