CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 22, 2006, 05:50 AM

Default Fifa 2006 Help ...Quick Question

sponsored links

Do i need to re-build the ISO to work on my friends PS2?

My friends PS2 is chipped...i burnt the game without re-building (4.37 GB) but it freezes while loading near the end...i tried re-building and the ISO was down 2.47 GB...burnt it but this time it doesnt even goto the menus section, it freezes up on the 'Fifa 06' logo at the start, right after the 'Playstation 2' screen...

i looked alot thru the forums but all the threads i found are about Swap Magic and other booting methods....so i was wondering if i really need to re-build to make it work with a chipped PS2. if anyone did a successfull copy without or with re-building for a chipped ps2 then please let me know...

Ive burnt a few other games and they work fine...games like Tekken 5, Brothers in Arms, Sniper Elite, Ace Combat 5, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, CAPCOM vs SNK...

Plz help...i tried copyin this game about 4 times and still doesnt work...its really annoyin, we get together to have fun playin Fifa but it dont work...

p.s: i made the image of the original Fifa 06 using DVD Decrypter......then burnt with Alcohol, DVD Decrypter, Rebuilt and then burnt again with Alcohol and DVD Decrypter...but no luck..still dont work...and i think its the PAL version...i hired it from a video shop here in New Zealand.

thanks...appreciate it

Last edited by troublesome; Jun 22, 2006 at 05:57 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 09:59 AM

Do you mean Fifa 2006 or Fifa [B]World Cup[/B] 2006? I am having a similar problem with the latter.... have burnt two disks (one at 4x and the other at 2x using DVD decrypter) and the game boots up fast and all, and the main intro also comes well, but it freezes in the screen where it is supposed to say "Press Any Button." Seems like it has a problem with the bground music that's supposed to be playing because the music starts but then stops and the whole thing freezes and the "Press Any Button" message never comes. What is weird is that this game used to work last week (though with problems), but now it just gets stuck at that screen. I would have thought it was a bad burn but it happens to both disks at exactly the same place.

And the kicker is that the game works fine on my friend's (big) ps2, and I just put in a brand new laser and mod chip in my pstwo (v.12).
Old Jun 23, 2006, 02:49 AM

I mean Fifa 06 ...not world cup....and yea man its frustrating ....i dont got a PS2 at home so i play at my friends most of the time... on most forums i hear people talkin bout re-building to make work with Magic Swap and so but neva really said if u need to re-build for mod-chipps...

tho my copy goes up to the loading screen after i select ma team and advance...jus before 100% it freezes......and wen i rebuilt it it doesnt even goto the menu screen....weird

cant wait to get this game workin maynn
Old Jun 24, 2006, 03:29 AM

Heh, since my last post Itried burning fifa 06 and have the same problem in that too!!! My game freezes just before it gives you the "Press any Button" message should come. The freeze is also marked by a cut in audio in both games, which makes me wonder whether audio has anything to do with it..... anyway I am going to try to get another copy and burn it on different media to see if that solves it. Otherwise I have no clue.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 04:25 AM

let me put a few things straight

both fifa's need rebuilding for swapmagic only

no rebuilding is required if you have a modchip

any problems loading this game has nothing to do with the fact that it needs rebuilding when you have a modchip fitted

i'd guess its thge media/speed you are burning @
Old Jun 24, 2006, 02:25 PM

figured that out after wasting 2 disks

After rebuilding the game won't even boot (i.e. with a modchip).... sucks..... The thing is that I have burnt the game at 2x and 4x before and neither disk works... they both freeze at exactly the same point.

Anyone got it working?