CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:15 AM

Default Onimusha Dawn of Dreams problem

sponsored links

I want to backup my original copy of Onimusha Dawn of Dreams, but when I rip an iso with DVD Decrypter + AnyDvd and then burn it at 4x on a Verbatim DVD-R using DVD-Decrypter, the ps2 doesn't even recognize that there is a disk in it.

Oniumusha has 2 DVDs in it btw.

The problem is accentuated by the fact that my ps2 now only reads my burnt DVDs and CDs and does not read originals anymore!! I think it has something to do with laser calibration.

So do I need a patch or something like that?
Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:45 AM

god only knows why you feel the need to use anydvd whilst ripping ps2 games

this game doesnt need a patch or nothing

sounds like bad disks or a worn out ps2 laser
Old Aug 30, 2006, 04:24 AM

ok figured it out.... it was my ps2... it has this interesting quirk that the laser has to be calibrated to different settings for different DVD-R brands... so once I burned the iso to the TDK disks that I have been using for a year, the game worked almost perfectly... it just hangs for a while wen you press select to view the map... but anyway it works. (btw my laser is brand new and I usually burn at 4x, sometimes at 2x.... - it's just a funny quirk that happens even when you change the laser).

AnyDvd... well I guess it was just on, and I use it for DVD-ideo backups, so wasn't quite thinking it through... there's no harm in using it for ps2 backups right?