CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Consumer's Opinion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 13, 2002, 01:08 PM
Banned

Talking Copy DVD for just 30

sponsored links

Hey y'all

Are u sick of payin 15 everytime you wanna get a movie. Well I AM. So I did something about it.
People are always trying to rip dvd on there PC's but to be honest this MISSION takes over 10 hours and the end result is not exactly brilliant. I am going to tell you how to get fantastic copies for 3.50.

Step 1 - Make sure you have a DVD player
Step 2 - A good quality VCR
NB> You may know that when you try to copy a dvd to VHS there is the problem of macrovision which completely distorts the picture! You need to by a macrovision disabler. Try 'Macro Master' from www.sonel.com.
Step 3 - Connect the DVD to the VCR with the Macro Master (the macromaster looks just like a scart lead but has a power adapter that plugs in to one end)
Now your set up to copy. The copies you will get are out of this world. Because you are recording from a digital source the picture and sound is fantastic. The end result has been proven to be 20% better than a good DVD rip and 75% better than a movie you buy on VHS because the movie companies record in mass production (thats why when u buy a VHS movie there crap) Your Copies will be absolutely fantastic.

Blockbusters rent out all the top releases for 3.50 on DVD. Rent it out and copy it. When I copy them I find it difficult to tell the difference between the DVD and the copy!!!
You can also use the macro master to copy off Pay per view movie channels i.e Sky Box Office & Front Row as it takes off all macrovision protection without altering the picture quality. To be honest, it enhances the picture as it is a video stabiliser!!!

Honestly, this is the best way to copy movies. The macro master only costs 30 and it works a treat.
And the other advantage is that it will only take as long as the movie is to record it.

If you have any questions, queries or opinions then post them to this forum. I check the page every day so I can help you!
If you have bought the macro master than tell me what you think of it.

email me: [email]ladsarmy@yahoo.co.uk[/email]

Last edited by mattispokes; Jun 13, 2002 at 01:11 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 01:20 PM
Veteran

20%, 75%... uhmmm, where exactly did you pull these statistics from??

Also no advertising in the main forums... there are many different macro disablers on the market. What makes this one so "special"??

Moving this to consumer's opinion.

Last edited by celtic_druid; Jun 13, 2002 at 01:25 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 02:14 PM
Veteran

are you linked to the macro master in any way perhaps , sounds like a sales pitch to me .
You should perhaps mention to people that there are macrovision disabling hacks available for free on the web for many dvd players , and the results would be as good as you mention if your info is accurate .
Old Jun 13, 2002, 02:17 PM
Banned

I am sorry if it look like i am advertising but i spent ages lookin up macro vision disablers on the web and this was by far the best. No I dont work for Macro Master. I just like to get movies cheap!!
Old Jun 13, 2002, 02:31 PM
Veteran

Another point in favour of VCD's, SVCD's, etc. is that if you are trading you can knock of copies with no ****ogue signal degridation much quicker than you can dub another copy of a VHS tape.

I think most people would agree that SVCD definatly offers better quality than VHS. VCD on the otherhand is debatable.

Also VHS tapes, last time I checked cost a little more than CDR's.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 05:15 PM
Veteran

you could also have got a dvd player that could have had the macrodisabled ,by a remote hack,so their was no need to buy a mac buster