CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 15, 2004, 12:56 PM

Question Taskbar/Toolbar option problem???? [; ; winXP]

sponsored links

Ok peeps can someone help or explain this as im perplexed with this one?
I came home yesterday turned on my pc and i noticed my quicklaunch icons had appeared on my toolbar and a new thing called search assistant(which i've never downloaded or anything?) and up untill now ive never had these options ticked and on my taskbar.
Now i right click on my toolbar(taskbar or whatever) choose the toolbars drop down menu untick the aforementioned problems-quick launch and the search tool(which lets me choose blazefind, google, yahoo and msn as my preferd search option if that rings any bells?.), which for the moment it takes off the 2 options but after awhile my desktop icons go blank and suddenly the search option is back there and the quick launch option is back?
Now im really careful with viruses etc...with a firewall and norton, but this smacks of a virus of some sort to me?

any help would be appreciated!

cheers

doggboy10