CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:36 PM

Question switching broadband providers - keep email address?

sponsored links

I'm thinking of switching broadband providers, moving from talktalk to EE. Like most people, I have my email address logged in many different places. I would like to keep my tiscali (talk talk) address after I switch. Am I able to do so and continue to manage my mail via windows mail? I do not wish to use web mail.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 01:46 AM
Veteran

Default Support Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks in Blu-ray/DVD/Video Converter

sPavtube Upgrade: Support Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks in Blu-ray/DVD/Video Converter

Summary: Pavtube updates made Blu-ray/DVD/Video Converter compatible with Apple iPad Air, iPhone 5S & 5C, featuring 2013 Pavtube Thanksgiving Holiday with special discount.

Pavtube Software Upgrades with iPad Air, iPhone 5S/5C, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks Supported

Pavtube will launch thanksgiving promotion for free and up to 66% discount for most of the product lines for 2013 Thanksgiving Holiday. “Share on Facebook to get 20% additional discount” is available as well for this Thanksgiving Promotion . Details login ***********.pavtube.com/thanksgiving-giveaway-2013.html. The good news is all related products in the treat support all mainstream portable devices and editing program, including newly released iPad Air, iPhone 5S&5C.

The update means the movies fans and video-edit-lovers can watch even the unfriendly Apple HD video, BD or DVD collections on the go with iPhone 5 and iPad Air, but need Blu-ray/DVD/Video converter for conversion first, as input support format is limited and no BD/DVD drive on iPhone 5S/5C or iPad Air. With the help of Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper, DVD Ripper, Video Converter, Video Converter Ultimate, Pavtube ByteCopy etc, users are able to get fast access to watch HD movies and videos on the wide screen of iPhone 5S/5C and iPad Air with the optimized settings so that high quality audio visual feat for specific Apple product can be experienced.

Note: Please download a patch file before running the software, profile patch download page: pavtube.com/profile-patch.html

Summary of main related products for the update:

Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Win/Mac: 30% off

********open-media-community.com/2013/11/14/support-ipad-air-iphone-5s-5c-mavericks/

* An one-step tool: BD/DVD protection removal+BD/DVD Ripper +3D effect output
No need extra cost to buy separate program for protection removal, as it includes this function already. Users are free to preset specific 3D types if they want output videos to be played on 3D player.
* It also applied to other Pavtube product, like Pavtube ByteCopy, MXF MultiMixer/iMixer for Mac, MTS/M2TS Converter for Win/Mac, Video Converter Ultimate/iMedia Converter for Mac.

Pavtube ByteCopy for Win/Mac: 20% discount

* Similar as Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper, however it also has its own distinctive features: Output format supports specific HD Media Player like Seagate FreeAgent Theater+, Netgear NeoTV/LaCinema Classic HD, WD TV, Popcorn Hour C-200/A-200/A-210, Iomega ScreenPlay MX HD Media Player, HDTV etc, audio/video; All the desired audio and subs tracks can be retained in the output file .mkv/.mp4/.mov.; the chapter marker can be retained for fast access to exact chapter you want instead of fast forwarding or rewinding slowly and blindly.

Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate/iMedia Converter for Mac: 20% off

* An overall tool: BD/DVD Ripper+video converter+3D effect output.
* Users can backup Blu-ray/DVD movies, convert disc content and transcode common videos. It could 1:1 back up blu-ray/DVD moives from disc to PC hard drive for disc burning and ISO image creating.

Related Guide:

iPad Air Video Solutions:
Transfer videos, music, photos, iBook between your computer and iPad Air
Rip VC-1 Blu-ray movies to iPad Air, iPad series for enjoyment
How to view DVD movies on iPad Air with highest quality?
Convert DVD ISO/IFO to Multi-track MP4 for watch on iPad Air
Can iPad Air play MKV, AVI, VOB, WMV, MPG, Tivo, M4V, FLV, F4V, MTS videos?

iPhone 5S/5C Video Solutions:
Play Blu-ray movies on iPhone 5S or 5C with good quality
Watch DVD movies on iPhone 5S/5C with high quality and perfect V/A sync
Why MKV, AVI, Tivo, VOB, MPG, WMV, Flash video can't be Played in iPhone 5S/5C
Old Nov 25, 2013, 02:27 AM
Veteran

Default Panasonic HPX-171E MXF to Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12

Edit Panasonic HPX-171E P2 MXF files in Movie Studio Platinum 12

[b]Description:[/b] With the P2 MXF to Sony Movie Studio converter you can easily find the best video and audio codec for converting Panasonic P2 MXF footages to edit in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12.

[b]Question:[/b]
"What's the best video and audio codec for converting P2 MXF footages to edit in Movie Studio Platinum 12? Actually?I?am?new?one?in?this entire?story?about?videos. My camera is 171e-Panasonic. My audio codec is pcm_s16le. I have a material and before I start to make editing in Movie Studio I would like to give the converted file to my friend for a first look on his computer or TV. What should I do?"

[b]Solution:[/b]
To edit Panasonic HPX-171E P2 MXF footages in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12, you need to know which video and audio codec/formats this video editing tool supports. On Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 official website, I find it works well with AAC, AA3, AIFF, AVI, BMP, CDA, FLAC, GIF, JPEG, MP3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MVC, OGG, OMA, PCA, PNG, QuickTime?, RealMedia?, SND, SFA, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WM. Among them, I prefer MPEG-2 as video codec since they can be supported only by Sony Movie Studio as well as the computer and TV you request.

Here is a brief instruction about how to [b]convert Panasonic P2 MXF files to MPEG-2/AC3 for Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12[/b].

Setp 1. Free download the [b]Pavtube MXF to Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 converter[/b]. I used this app to successfully convert many MXF footages shot by my Canon XF100, so I guess it would also work well for your Panasonic P2 camcorder.

Tip 1: If you are using a Mac OS X computer, Mac P2 MXF Converter is available as well.

Tip 2: When you import P2 MXF files from computer, don't forget to copy the complete [b]CONTENT[/b] folder from your camcorder to hard disk in advance.

Step 2. Hit the "Add video" button, navigate to the source file location and import your P2 MXF file.

[img]********image.pavtube.com/img/screenshot/mxf-converter/import.jpg[/img]

Step 3. Then follow the path "Common Video or Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas -> MPEG-2 Video(*.mpg)" and choose MPEG-2 as output format. Of course you would find other MPEG-2 profile under the "Format" list, but I would recommend this one because it allows you to change audio codec.

[img]********digital-camcorder-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/convert-sony-pmw-200-mxf-for-nle-editing-on-mac.jpg[/img]

Step 4. Enter the "Settings" tab, and you can freely set profile presets in your own way. BTW, all these parameters under Profile Settings, including video codec, display resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc, can be customized as you like to get better video and audio quality. To get better audio quality, you are suggested to switch Audio Codec from MP2 to AC3.

[img]********image.pavtube.com/img/guide/2012-11/edit-sony-mxf-in-movie-studio/1_clip_image008.jpg[/img]

Step 5. Return back to the P2 MXF to Sony Movie Studio converter main UI, hit the big "Convert" button and start converting your P2 MXF files for Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12. Once it finishes, open output folder to locate the created MPEG-2 file and transfer it to Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 for video editing.

[b]How to import video files to Movie Studio Platinum 12 for editing?[/b]

Now your Panasonic AG-HPX171E .MXF footage are converted into Movie Studio Platinum 12 natively supported format. Launch Movie Studio Platinum 12, and follow "Import" > "IMPORT FROM" > "Other devices" > "the folder stored the converted .mpg files" > "Start Import" to get P2 footage into Movie Studio Platinum 12.

[img]********image.pavtube.com/img/guide/2012-11/edit-sony-mxf-in-movie-studio/1_clip_image010.jpg[/img]

Learn more about P2 MXF Transcoding solutions: [b]Pavtube MXF Column[/b]
Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/mxf-to-mac.html
Related Articles:
Import Sony XDCAM MXF to Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12
Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/guide/import-sony-pdw700-xdcam-mxf-to-movie-studio-12.html
Convert multi-track MXF to MKV keeping multi-track
Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/guide/convert-mxf-to-mkv-with-multi-audio-channels.html
Convert multi-audio MXF to MP4 with original audio tracks preserved
Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/guide/convert-multi-channels-mxf-to-mp4.html
Encode MXF to MOV on Mac or Windows with original audio tracks preserved
Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/guide/encode-mxf-to-mov-with-multi-audios.html
How to Mix multiple audio tracks into one track on Mac?
Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/guide/mix-multiple-audio-tracks-into-one-on-mac.html
Edit Canon XF100/XF105/XF300/XF305 MXF footage in Sony Vegas Pro 11
Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/guide/edit-canon-mxf-footage-in-sony-vegas-11.html
Source:
Quote:
********mediaconverting.blogspot.com/2013/11/import-p2-mxf-to-sony-movie-studio-platinum-12.html
Old Jan 21, 2014, 07:36 AM
Veteran

Default Convert JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF to Apple Prores HQ

MXF to Prores HQ-Get JVC GY-HM650U MXF supported by FCP X

Summary: Facing issues when importing JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF to Final Cut Pro X for editing? The easy workaround is to convert JVC MXF videos to ProRes HQ codec. Below is how.

First try out of the box the JVC GY-HM650U camera works well in low light, so it is more versatile. And the rebates are great! Good zoom. Sound ok.

After testing, I find it is a little hard to get the ProHD MXF footage from JVC GY-HM650U working with my Final Cut Pro X. FCP X crashed while opening. When I open the program agiain, find out they are not readable? What’s that? I am sure the videos are playable on camera.

From google, I find many users are facing the same frustrating result when importing JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF videos into Final Cut Pro X like me. I finally konw the basic reason is that MXF is not a fully supported format by Final Cut Pro X.

To get/import my JVC GY-HM650U MXF recordings to FCP X easily for editing, at first, I need to transcode JVC videos to Apple ProRes first, as it is the best codec for Final Cut Pro X editing.

Below is the simple step-by-step guide I will share for JVC ProHD Camcorder users. With using Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac to convert JVC GY-HM650U MXF videos to ProRes 422 HQ, I can easily import my ProHD MXF files to FCP X to do editing work. This Converter works perfectly on iMac/MacBook Pro with Mac OS X, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks 10.9.

Download it and get the full guide below to have a smooth editing with JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF footage in Final Cut Pro X.

Step 1. Get this Mac JVC MXF Converter for Mac installed and load your footages. Click top left icon to load individual mxf videos files; or click the second one to import the whole folder.

Step 2. Choose proper format for editing in Final Cut Pro X.

Click Format drop-down list, choose Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(HQ)(*.mov), as it’s FCPX’s most compatible codec.

The Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) codec offers the utmost possible quality for 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 sources (without an alpha channel) and provides the following:

* Target data rate of approximately 220 Mbps (1920 x 1080 at 60i)
* Higher quality than Apple ProRes 422

Tips: You can also select Apple ProRes 422(LT) which will give smaller file size.

* Learn more Apple ProRes, please refer to Types of Apple ProRes Codecs

Step 3. Click "Convert" button to start transcoding JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF videos to FCP X on Mac OS.

After a shot conversion, you will be able to import/load JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF videos into Final Cut Pro X for editing without rendering. Just have a try.

Futhermore, if your MXF files have 2 audio tracks or more, here is a new program named iMixMXF with multi-track preserving and mixing features. You can download the trial version for evaluation! Good luck!

More options:

Convert JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF to Avid Media Composer
Import JVC GY-HM650U MXF files in Premiere Pro CS6
How to edit JVC GY-HM650U MXF, MOV, AVCHD, MP4 on Mac?
Transcode JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF to ProRes 422 LT for FCP 6/7
Solve JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF recordings to iMovie importing problems

From: ********lovecamcorder.tumblr.com/post/71817327866/mxf-to-prores-422-hq-get-jvc-gy-hm650u-prohd-mxf-into
Old Apr 18, 2014, 09:12 PM
Veteran

Default Pavtube Easter Sales 2014 - Get DVD Ripper Wind/Mac + $14 Coupon

Pavtube 2014 Easter Special Offer on DVD Ripper with 40% off

Description: This is a great opportunity to get 40% off Pavtube DVD Ripper on Pavtube Easter Day Facebook Promotion, which is capable of converting, transcoding, compressing and editing DVD movies for almost all mobile devices.

This Easter Sunday, people will be able to convert and watch DVDs using this powerful software from Pavtube Studio. DVD Ripper, an innovative conversion software from Pavtube, allows users to 1:1 copy the movie content from physical disc to computer hard drive without quality loss; plus, it could convert movies and videos from DVDs to MP4, MKV, AVI, M4V, etc, and then straight transfer onto their mobile devices while maintaining HD quality.

From April 18 to April 25, 2014 - Pavtube Studio announces its promotion activity of Pavtube DVD Ripper for Windows/Mac) with 40% discount on Facebook. With this easy-to-use software, users of Apple, Android or Windows products can easily and securely backup, convert and transfer DVD movies to mobile devices.

The standout feature of this software is that it is able to convert DVD disc, DVD folder and DVD IFO/ISO to a wide range of video and audio types for numerous potable devices. The software is able to backup disc content with original DVD structure with one-click.

Pavtube DVD Ripper Review

First of all, install and launch Pavtube DVD Ripper, and then hit on the "Load Disc" icon to browse to disc drive and import source movie.

Next step is to choose output format. Pavtube DVD Ripper offers more than 200 formats and you would find the optimized one for your device. Tab on the "Format" menu, select one category e.g. iPad, and locate the suitable profile there.

And then you could adjust video and audio parameters to achieve the best movie enjoyment on the mobile phone or tablet. You are allowed to change video codec, video size, bitrate, frame rate and more in profile settings. Don’t forget to preview the adjusted movie content in built-in player before conversion actually starts.

At last, click the "Convert" button and start DVD ripping process. After it completes, you could locate the output movie and move the ripped file to any device or media player you would like to enjoy the DVD movies.

40% Discount on Pavtube DVD Ripper Easter Day Promotion on Facebook

Pavtube DVD Ripper costs $35, but Pavtube Studio puts it on sale with 40% off to show our gratitude. To win this 40% discount all you need to do is follow AND Like us on Facebook. If your friends who are interested in DVD Ripper or other Pavtube programs, free to join us in Pavtube fans page on Facebook and get great discount.

Source:********bd-dvd-copying-ripping.blogspot.com/2014/04/pavtube-2014-easter-special-offer.html
Old May 05, 2014, 07:07 AM
Veteran

Default DVD to Xbox: Play DVD on Xbox 360/Xbox One Console

DVD to Xbox: Play DVD on Xbox 360/Xbox One Console

Description: This post will give you the easiest solution to rip latest released DVD movies to Xbox 360 for playing without frequently changing your DVD disc.

After reading the latest movie news, I find 'The Wolf of Wall Street,' 'The Great Beauty' and 'Ms. 45′ are the Best DVD Releases this Week. But recently I have got a question: Can I watch these new DVD releases on my new Xbox? (As you know, the Xbox 360 is the second Video game console from Microsoft and the first seventh-generation console.) And my friend told me the answer is absolutely yes. And he says that I can use play DVDs on your Xbox 360 console. In fact, every Xbox 360 can play DVD movies right out of the box — with no additional parts necessary. Watching a movie on the Xbox 360 is a straightforward process. The steps are here.

But I find I'm bother to insert the DVD disc every time when planning to watch DVD on Xbox 360. So I need to find an easy way out to save the trouble, that is to rip DVD to Xbox 360 hard drive to enjoy the DVD movies.

After googling, I find Pavtub DVD to Xbox 360 Converter is the best tool for me. Overall, this program can help me extract DVD movies to Xbox 360 playable WMV format fast and losslessly. The Mac version is DVD to Xbox 360 Ripper for Mac. Below is guide for you to learn how to convert DVD to Xbox 360 in an easy way.

Step 1: Run Pavtube DVD Ripper, and load DVD files to it. You can click "DVD ROM" to load movie from DVD drive or "ISO/IFO" DVD ISO file.

Step 2: Select output format for Xbox 360. Click on the drop-down list at the opposite side of "Format", and then choose "Zune/Xbox 360 Device > "Xbox 360 HD Video(*.wmv)" format. The format is designed for users that wanna get HD videos when streaming DVD rips to Xbox 360.

Tip: This Xbox 360 DVD Ripper let users control/customize output file quality. To improve video quality, simply click "Settings" and set video bitrate up.

Step 3: Start ripping DVD to WMV video for Xbox 360 streaming.

Click "Convert" button to rip DVD to Xbox 360 WMV format for syncing, once the ripping task is finished by Pavtube DVD to Xbox 360 Converter, you can click "Open" button at the bottom of the main interface to get the output WMV file.

Now you can copy this ripped DVD movies to your Xbox 360 hard drive or use the MCE to steam them to Xbox via your home network to watch DVD on Xbox.

From: ********mediaconverting.blogspot.com/2014/04/convert-dvd-to-xbox360.html