CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Consumer's Opinion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 29, 2007, 03:18 AM

Default iPhone Features Requests

sponsored links

Here are a few feature requests we would like to see added to the iPhone at some point:
* 3G. not that it is available in my area, but some day it will be!
* The iPod application includes a handy volume control slider, but does not appear to include a method for changing the playing location of the current audio track (rewind/fast-forward/jump to point). This feature does appear in the video player.
* GPS with integration into Google Maps
* Use the built in camera to record video.
* Push email from Google. Not totally in Apple's control because Google does not currently offer IMAP. When/if Google adds this feature it would be nice to know that the phone will support it.
* Steve pointed out that iPhone parses phone numbers in email messages, how about parsing street addresses with a magical import into Google Maps?
* Support for multiple email accounts. This feature may already be present, I can't tell from the demos. These days people have many email accounts including work and one or more Gmail, Yahoo!, and Hotmail accounts.
* Display Favicon.ico (the little icon/logo next to the site address in most browsers) image on the bookmarks screen and the change page screen.
* Flash videos supported: At present, iPhone seems only supports mp4, h.264, mp3, aac. If it supports Flash files, iPhone will be more popular. Flash is working its way into all of todays popular sites (*******, MySpace, Google Talk (web), Yahoo! Messenger (web), etc)
* Third-party software: The list of applications available for Windows Mobile and Palm is huge! I am sure many of the Mac developers out there would love the opportunity to develop/sell applications that run on the iPhone like games, video conversion, DVD to iPhone software, music data recovery, media editor, etc.
* There has been some rumors of an Apple developed spreadsheet application for Mac. It would be nice if there was a mini-spreadsheet program for viewing/editing simple spreadsheets. The same thing goes for Word documents (as you might guess Microsoft makes mini-versions of these applications available on their phone OS).

iPhone official: ***********.apple.com/iphone/
iPhone software: ***********.dvdtoiphone.net/

Last edited by inctoso; May 29, 2007 at 03:21 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 02:55 AM

Default iphoneconverter

I just iphone not dissatisfied with the radio function, because I was a radio enthusiasts will listen to long day .

***********.iphoneconverter.com/cucusoft-dvd-video-to-iphone-converter-suite.html
Old Jun 23, 2007, 05:29 AM

Default avi-converter

Seriously, this thing is WAY over-hyped like all apple products. I already have a cell phone that can take pictures/movies, play mp3's, has 4 gigabytes of storage, and has a built in FM receiver to listen to any radio station. w810i Sony Ericsson. Everybody I've shown it to in person loves it, and it cost me only $80 through cingular. Looks and runs badass too.

***********.avi-converter.net/avi_to_iphone/
Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inctoso
Here are a few feature requests we would like to see added to the iPhone at some point:
* 3G. not that it is available in my area, but some day it will be!
* The iPod application includes a handy volume control slider, but does not appear to include a method for changing the playing location of the current audio track (rewind/fast-forward/jump to point). This feature does appear in the video player.
* GPS with integration into Google Maps
* Use the built in camera to record video.
* Push email from Google. Not totally in Apple's control because Google does not currently offer IMAP. When/if Google adds this feature it would be nice to know that the phone will support it.
* Steve pointed out that iPhone parses phone numbers in email messages, how about parsing street addresses with a magical import into Google Maps?
* Support for multiple email accounts. This feature may already be present, I can't tell from the demos. These days people have many email accounts including work and one or more Gmail, Yahoo!, and Hotmail accounts.
* Display Favicon.ico (the little icon/logo next to the site address in most browsers) image on the bookmarks screen and the change page screen.
* Flash videos supported: At present, iPhone seems only supports mp4, h.264, mp3, aac. If it supports Flash files, iPhone will be more popular. Flash is working its way into all of todays popular sites (*******, MySpace, Google Talk (web), Yahoo! Messenger (web), etc)
* Third-party software: The list of applications available for Windows Mobile and Palm is huge! I am sure many of the Mac developers out there would love the opportunity to develop/sell applications that run on the iPhone like games, video conversion, DVD to iPhone software, music data recovery, media editor, etc.
* There has been some rumors of an Apple developed spreadsheet application for Mac. It would be nice if there was a mini-spreadsheet program for viewing/editing simple spreadsheets. The same thing goes for Word documents (as you might guess Microsoft makes mini-versions of these applications available on their phone OS).

iPhone official: ***********.apple.com/iphone/
iPhone software: ***********.dvdtoiphone.net/
iPhone is a revolutionary new mobile phone that allows you to make a call by simply pointing your finger at a name or number in your address book, a favorites list, or a call log

***********.iphoneconverter.com
Old May 06, 2012, 08:42 AM

I just iphone not dissatisfied with the radio function, because I was a radio enthusiasts will listen to long day .

********forum.shaarpmind.com/

Last edited by zhzubir4; May 06, 2012 at 08:44 AM. Reason: edit text