CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 95
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 25, 2002, 03:34 PM

Unhappy CD ROM not recognize [; ; win95a]

sponsored links

PC doesn't see my CD ROM ---Help

I tired to install Windows NT 4.0, but decided not to, and I erased the files or so I thought. But, now when my computer boots up I get a screen giving me the option to select Windows NT. ... That's not the problem....

Now my computer does not recognize the CD ROM.....please help
Old Sep 26, 2002, 12:18 PM
Veteran

may have to to install windows 95 use the floppy.if It says 'Invalid system disk' on startup, and stays without a prompt. When a WIN95 boot disk is inserted, the 'A: Put sys.com on a 95 boot floppy. At the a: prompt type "sys c:" without the quotes and press enter. This will make your C drive bootable.

Last edited by hothi; Sep 26, 2002 at 12:21 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 08:56 AM

Default PC doesn't recognize CD ROM

I can boot my computer. The problem is, aftering trying to install Window NT 4.0 and erasing some of the file, my computer is now unable to recognized the CD ROM, even in Windows Explorer and My Computer there is no CD ROM>
Old Sep 27, 2002, 08:13 PM

load windows and save what you need then reboot and use a startup or boot disk and at the a: prompt type fdisk then delete all partitions and redo as single drive or make your partitions and set partition 1 active,reload windows and thats really the only way your going to do this as NT is built on a ntfs foundation and windows 95,98,me is built on a dos foundation so there's no way to fully repair a cancelled install as you'll always get things going wrong.
hope it helps.
ps i'm very tired at the moment so if misunderstood the problem please disregaurd the above.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 08:23 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by jasev [/i]
[B]load windows and save what you need then reboot and use a startup or boot disk and at the a: prompt type fdisk then delete all partitions and redo as single drive or make your partitions and set partition 1 active,reload windows and thats really the only way your going to do this as NT is built on a ntfs foundation and windows 95,98,me is built on a dos foundation so there's no way to fully repair a cancelled install as you'll always get things going wrong.
hope it helps.
ps i'm very tired at the moment so if misunderstood the problem please disregaurd the above. [/B]
Cant see that working it doesent work for win 2000, I couldnt get it to delete an ntfs partition anyway!. The way I solved a similar problem was use partition magic to delete the ntfs partion you could use another pogram.

Last edited by uk_trader; Sep 28, 2002 at 10:57 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2002, 10:26 AM

fdisk will delete any partition ntfs or dos as it deletes the drives setup.partition is just another version of fdisk except with the feature of creating partitions without having to format so you don't lose files already stored on the drive.normally the best tools for any job like this you can download from your hard drive manufacturer's website.
hope it helps.