CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 02, 2007, 04:03 AM

sponsored links

Hi, This post of mine is very knowledgable and may enhance the information of the viewers , however I would like some specific information for myself. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

***********.propertydir.com
***********.wholesalebilliardcues.com
***********.battery4sale.com
***********.activetrader-links.com
Old Oct 05, 2007, 03:06 AM

Exclamation Help!

I'm trying to setup my XBOX Live thru my laptop. Thing is I have a wireless broadband connection that connects thru my USB port. It's a Sprint Mobile Broadband USB Modem.

Now, going thru the tests for the connection...I got passed the Network Adapter. The IP Address was confirmed, but now something about DNS is failed. I've spent the last 2 hours just trying to get the IP confirmed and now this.... I don't know what to do now.

And my laptop is hooked to the 360 with an ethernet cable.

Mind you, I also got a wireless adapter and I don't think it's of any use now.

Someone please help me.
This is so stressful...
Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:50 PM

nitghost

your problem is simply the crossover cable. Go back to using your cat5 cable.
Old Nov 05, 2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxer
I ran into this last night and the problem was that ICS created this IP address for the host ICS computer but the Netgear wireless router was using 192.168.0.1. You can't have duplicate IP addresses. The solution is to change the IP address of the router. Go into the router configuration menu and under LAN IP Setup change the router's IP to 192.168.2.1. This is what other router makers use.

Changing the routerís IP address to 192.168.2.1 worked for me, and now Iím up and running with Xbox Live.

where is the router configuration menu????????
Old Feb 16, 2008, 02:00 PM

I'm having a issue with the DNS connection it keeps failing. Does anyone know how to stop this? By the way I'm using a laptop with wireless internet.
Old Mar 06, 2008, 01:00 PM

Default For Windows Vista users

I have windows vista and this is what I did to access Xbox live through my laptop.

1st - connect the laptop to the xbox via a crossover cable (i bought mine at office max for 20 dollars)

2nd - go to Control Panel, then click on Network and Internet, then click on manage wireless networks, then click on adapter properties, then click on the sharing tab and enable ICS(internet connection sharing) now in that tab, i checked every box even though i didn't know what they really meant, so u might need to do the same

Also, make sure your xbox isn't turned on until steps one and two are done.

I hope this helps, it did for me