CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 07, 2005, 04:18 PM

Default Play N64 Games (dvd) on Xbox?

sponsored links

Sorry, I'm new at this...

I've recently downloaded surreal64xxx and a whole bunch of roms to go along with it.

I also placed the roms into the the ROM subfolder in surreal64, and then iso'd the whole folder to make an image file....unfortunately it's still not loading?

I'm trying to basically just play the N64 roms off a dvd on my evo-xbox, if thats even possible....if its not please let me know that i'm wasting my time, and perhaps supply any suggestions??
Old Dec 04, 2005, 06:37 PM

I may not be an expert but for one thing i would try using cd-rw. I have not found an xbox that does not read them. I tryed to softmod my xbox but i couldent because I was using cd-r and dvd-r and the xbox would not read them. I have just recently ordered a mod chip and I am going to put emulaters on it so if I come up with a solution I will let you know.
Old Dec 07, 2005, 04:42 PM
Veteran

to play surreal or any other roms from the dvd you need to make the roms into an xiso with the emulator default xbe in it. you can use craxtion to make the xiso you could put the roms onto the harddrive in the emulator folder and they can be played in the zip format direct from the hd. the xbox dvd drive will recognize cdrw, dvd+-r, and dvd-rw. it's hit or miss but as long as you use the xbox file system it shouldn't be that hard to get the right combination.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 09:12 PM

a lot of the roms run slow with a lot of problems or dont run at all so I wouldnt even bother
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themasterlu
a lot of the roms run slow with a lot of problems or dont run at all so I wouldnt even bother

themasterlu is 100% correct, my son loves the n64 but it's very hard to get the games running and even if you do they don't always run as expected.

SBK
Old Jan 02, 2006, 03:31 AM

Default Xbe File

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
to play surreal or any other roms from the dvd you need to make the roms into an xiso with the emulator default xbe in it. you can use craxtion to make the xiso you could put the roms onto the harddrive in the emulator folder and they can be played in the zip format direct from the hd. the xbox dvd drive will recognize cdrw, dvd+-r, and dvd-rw. it's hit or miss but as long as you use the xbox file system it shouldn't be that hard to get the right combination.
It may be a stupid question, but i am new with playing n64 games on xbox.
What is an XBE file? Is it included when i download n64 roms? or do i need to make an XBE file? if so, how do i make an XBE file?