CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 02, 2008, 09:53 PM

sponsored links

bravo! well said, jaws001. i have never used lame copy pro, and i never would (just knew it was crap is all and was ripping the p!ss in my last msg to this thread!) cheers for explaining exactly how crappy it actually is, quite an eye opener! lets hope that no one else gets scammed...
Old May 01, 2008, 04:02 PM

Hi I made the mistake of purchasing this before I seen these postings, found out it was a scam and complained about it to the merchant and got a refund, therefore Don't buy it. Also made the mistake of posting a complaint to another forum who promotes game copy pro and got banned from the site , so beware
Old May 02, 2008, 09:19 AM

Default Should have known.....

I should have known it was too god to be true. I too fell for the same stupid act. I should have known better! I sent many messages to the so called "support" and I did not get any replies at all. I logged onto the card I used to purchase it with, and there was a 800# in there for ClickBank, so I called it and told that lady on the phone I would like a refund. Of course, she wanted to know why, so i told her it was a scam, and that I have read articles, and have seen other people get scammed into it. she said, (and I quote) "The bad comments you read online about Game Copy Pro are all opinions and are not true." I still requested my refund, and They are supposedly going to credit my account. (I did get a refund Conf#).

Later!
Old May 20, 2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anywayup69 View Post
Hi I made the mistake of purchasing this before I seen these postings, found out it was a scam and complained about it to the merchant and got a refund, therefore Don't buy it. Also made the mistake of posting a complaint to another forum who promotes game copy pro and got banned from the site , so beware
Hi just a little update to my complaint to the forum advertising GCP here is part of the message I got from them

> Hello,
>
> We ban anyone for any reason we want. You offered nothing useful to
> our community. If you would have read other messages about Game Copy Pro
> and you would
> have saved yourself the time.
>
> Now kindly **** off.

Last edited by anywayup69; May 21, 2008 at 03:55 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 11:15 AM

Default gamecopy pro is a trap don't buy

the website wil deceive you, you will complete the payment cycle then you will get nothing....

please spread the message.... they are theives.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 08:10 AM

Default Game Copy Pros Dealings

To all those interested or have been involved or knobbled by Game Copy Pros probable dishonest dealings.

I, after reading favourable reviews with regards game backup software got suckered into parting with my money to Game Copy Pro, for something that does not exist . I found this information after not receiving something resembling a down loadable software as advertised, from various forums, including this one.

However I did not let it go at that and pursued a refund, of which I have now been fully reimbursed.

The point of passing this info onto the forum are for the following reasons:

1. To try and help others regain their money (I paid through Paypal so I can only pass on my experience with regards that company)

However, it was through Click bank, the money handling agent that represents GC Pro that refunded back through Paypal

2. To try and close this probably dishonest website down. Host seems to be GigeNET

By doing the right thing and pass this info onto any other forums you may visit, if each person reads this and passes it to only one other site the message would soon get around, then by getting in touch with the web site host, as I have and informing them of GC Pro’s activities.

FIND BELOW THE EMAIL I SENT CLICK BANK WHICH HELPED TO REFUND MY MONEY

Dear sir /madam
With regards the non provision of advertised and expected item(s) from Game Copy Pro. From gaining more information via various sources, it is now apparent that this company is never going to supply the advertised product as the product does not exist where this company is concerned. They have not even replied to my enquiries, since 29 Nov. I am sure if you would check your records you will have had other customers in the same position as myself, and clearly from various forums etc the proof is plain to see. Please see URL thread below as an example.
I am sure that you would not want your company reputation knowingly being associated with what could be considered as dishonesty, and would therefore urge you as the agent for GC Pro to please refund my moneys as soon as possible.
I look forward to hearing from you soon
Kind regards

ALSO FIND BELOW INFO REGARDING THE HOST SITE YOU MAY LIKE TO INFORM ABOUT GAME C PRO’S ACTIVITIES.

The IP address of www.gamecopypro.com is 69.65.42.137 !

The site is hosted a few miles North West of Chicago Ohare Airport !

It looks like from the bottom details that it is owned by someone in New Zealand !

Very Clever way of operating a fraudulent site !

Suggest you email GigeNet the site hoster first, confirm the owner is a per below, then start on him !

Paul

OrgName: GigeNET
OrgID: ECOMD
Address: 545 E. Algonquin Rd
Address: Suite D
City: Arlington Heights
StateProv: IL
PostalCode: 60005

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.servernap.net:4321

NetRange: 69.65.0.0 - 69.65.63.255
CIDR: 69.65.0.0/18
NetName: IPNAP
NetHandle: NET-69-65-0-0-1
Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.SERVERNAP.COM
NameServer: NS2.SERVERNAP.COM
NameServer: NS3.IAD.SERVERNAP.COM
Comment: www.gigenet.com
RegDate: 2003-07-30
Updated: 2006-01-23

OrgTechHandle: IPADM152-ARIN
OrgTechName: IP Administrator
OrgTechPhone: +1-800-561-2656
OrgTechEmail: [email]ip-admin@coloquest.com[/email]
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………………………………………..
Domain name: gamecopypro.com
Registrant Contact:
Sheeler LLC.
Steven Sheeler ()
Fax:
Suite 1403
233 Middleton rd
Glenside, Province 6037
NZ
Administrative Contact:
Sheeler LLC.
Sheeler (freemaninv@hushmail.com)
+1.8452264317
Fax: +1.8452264569
Suite 1403
233 Middleton rd
Glenside, Province 6037
NZ
Technical Contact:
Sheeler LLC.
Steven Sheeler (freemaninv@hushmail.com)
+1.8452264317
Fax: +1.8452264569
Suite 1403
233 Middleton rd
Glenside, Province 6037
NZ
Name Servers:
ns1.mysecuredns.com
ns2.mysecuredns.com
Creation date: 08 Dec 2001 23:59:51
Expiration date: 08 Dec 2009 23:59:51

Apologies for the long windedness, but hope it helps someone

All info accurate to the best of my belief etc, but I cannot be held responsible for anything any individual may use within the content of this posting.