CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Consumer's Opinion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 24, 2008, 06:47 AM

Thumbs up Share the way of watching iPod videos on TV

sponsored links

[b]Question:[/b] Can I watch iPod videos on my TV without an Apple TV?

[b]Answer:[/b] Of course you can watch iPod videos on your TV. But firstly you should make sure your videos are iPod supported formats. If you want to convert your videos to your iPod supported formats. You can use [url=***********.topsevenreviews.com/download/ipod-video-converter/cucusoft-ipod-movie-video-converter.exe]Cucusoft iPod movie/video converter.
You can take the following steps to enjoy iPod videos on TV

(1)Prepare an A/V cable.

[IMG]***********.topsevenreviews.com/guide/ipod-video-on-tv/1.jpg[/IMG]
If you don't already have an eighth-inch-to-RCA cable, you can pick one up on eBay for five or six bucks shipped. Search for "camcorder A/V cable." Remember, you want a three-plug yellow/red/white RCA connection at one end and a three-banded eighth-inch (3.5mm) A/V plug at the other.

(2) Set up your iPod opinions
Open iPod settings, choose Videos and then Video Settings from your main iPod menu. This screen offers three settings: TV Out, TV Signal and Widescreen. Adjust to produce the video playback style you need.
[IMG]***********.topsevenreviews.com/guide/ipod-video-on-tv/2.jpg[/IMG]
TV Out
Whenever you play a video file, your iPod must make a choice. Video iPods either play video on the built-in screen or they transmit a video signal out of the microphone jack. They don't do both. The TV Out option controls which behavior occurs.
Use this setting to choose from:
No. Playback remains on the iPod itself.
Yes. A TV signal is produced.
Ask. The iPod prompts you whenever you play a video file.
I always use the Ask option. Yes, it does add an extra step whenever I play a video file, but it gives me the flexibility to choose playback behavior on a case-by-case basis.
TV Signal
European and Australian television sets use a different signal standard than those used in America and Japan. If you live in the U.S., your TV works with the NTSC standard. European countries mostly use PAL. Make sure you've selected the correct signal for your country.
Widescreen
iPods can play back widescreen video, if only on exported video. The built-in screen uses a traditional 4:3 screen ratio, rather than widescreen's 16:9 proportions. Choose Yes to produce a widescreen signal, or No to export the traditional TV output.

(3)Connect the iPod to TV

It takes a few steps to connect your iPod to your TV. Start by inserting the A/V cord's eighth-inch plug into your iPod's earphone jack. In it goes, schnickt. Couldn't be eas.
Here's where it gets a little tricky. In order to make your TV play back the iPod signal, you've got to redirect the outputs. You can't just plug the yellow RCA plug into the yellow RCA jack and the red into the red or the white into the white. No. Those geniuses at Apple send the video signal
over the red RCA output. (Normally it arrives on yellow.) The sound comes through the white and yellow plugs.
I ended up going to an Apple store and testing this on iPod after iPod. They all have this quirk. It was intentional. But hey, it's proprietary. Woohoo. So here's what you have to do:
- Plug the red RCA plug into your TV's yellow RCA jack.
- Plug the yellow RCA plug into your TV's white RCA jack.
- Plug the white RCA plug into your TV's red RCA jack.

(4) Playing Your Video

On your iPod, navigate to the movie you want to watch and select it. Your iPod prompts you to choose whether to play the video with TV Off or TV On. (You set the TV Out option to "Ask," remember?) Choose TV On.
[IMG]***********.topsevenreviews.com/guide/ipod-video-on-tv/3.jpg[/IMG]
As your video starts, a status screen appears on your iPod and the video plays back on your television. The status screen tracks playback progress, just as it would in iTunes.

Leave the television volume control at normal levels and use the iPod volume control to adjust the audio. The audio and video should both sound and look excellent.
[IMG]***********.topsevenreviews.com/guide/ipod-video-on-tv/4.jpg[/IMG]
Now you can enjoy your iPod videos on your TV. Hope it helps.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 06:44 PM

Hello I found more useful software at there , now I recommend them to you . I hope these messages can help you,you can try them .It is a good choice

Cucusoft Ultimate DVD Converter converts DVD's to play on almost any portable device including iPod, iPhone, iPod touch, iPod video nano, Zune, PSP, video capable MP3 players, video capable mobile phones, Pocket P.C., and so on. Meanwhile, it can also support output almost any audio/video format including Video format(H264, MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, RM, 3GP, flv, SWF, mpeg-1, mpeg-2, VideoCD, SuperVideoCD, DVD, etc) and Audio format(AC3, AAC, MP2, MP3, MP4, RA, WMA, etc.). With this all-in-one DVD Converter, you can make any your own video from your DVDs.

You can download at [IMG]***********.mobilecellvideo.com/yao/cucusoft-ultimate-dvd-converter.html[/IMG]

How to Use

1. Download the latest version Ultimate DVD Converter for free at HERE, and install it.
2. Run the Ultimate DVD Converter, load your DVD by clicking 'Open DVD' button or choosing 'Open DVD' from 'File' drop down menu. One or several titles appear in the list after loading DVD.

[IMG]***********.mobilecellvideo.com/yao/image/ultimatesuiteguide20.gif[/IMG]

3. Profile select. You can choose all video formats: iPod, iPhone, iPod touch, iPod nano, Zune, PSP, video capable MP3 players, video capable mobile phones, Pocket P.C and so on. iPod MPEG4 Movie(.mp4) is the default DVD for iPod video quality. Set the appropriate format as you like.

[IMG]***********.mobilecellvideo.com/yao/image/ultimatesuiteguide30.gif[/IMG]

4. Output settings. Set your Audio/Video output Settings and tick appropriate parameters.

[IMG]***********.mobilecellvideo.com/yao/image/ultimatesuiteguide40.gif[/IMG]

5. Choose the pathname where you want to save your video files by clicking the right button of Output table. When everything is setted well, click the 'Convert' button to start converting.

Tips:
Tip1: Crop---- Choose the crop mode
Tip2: Resize-------Choose the output size you need
Set Crop to "Crop both black bands" and resize to be "stretch to full screen" if you don't need to keep the subtitle.
Set crop to "Crop the upper black band" so you can keep the subtitle in the down black band.

[IMG]***********.mobilecellvideo.com/yao/image/ultimatesuiteguide50.gif[/IMG]

Tip3: Mode
Direct mode, you can convert the main movie directly.
Batch mode, you can choose the chapter you need to convert.

More detail information at [IMG]***********.mobilecellvideo.com/yao/home.html[/IMG]
Old Dec 04, 2009, 04:47 AM

Default Share the way of watching iPod videos on TV

You may want to look into setting up an FTP server. This would be the best way to do it. I dont really know how to set one up, but Ive been given access to some before and they are nice. The other person connects to it via the internet and can open the movies.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 06:41 PM

Default error

hi how do i send pm messages? i keep getting error message
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:35 AM

Default error

Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:15 PM

Default error