CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:47 AM
Veteran

Default Canon XF Plugin not work for FCP X?Solution to convert MXF files to ProRes

sponsored links

Best Canon XF video converter on Mac-Canon XF100 to ProRes for FCP X
Convert Canon MXF files to ProRes 422 for Final Cut Pro X Editing and QuickTime Playback

I have a Canon XF100 and would like to get the videos to FCP X. However, there is no Log and Transfer option, and the iSight runs when I click the camcorder button on FCP X. I googled and noticed that there is Canon XF plugin for FCP 7, but Canon XF plugin not work for FCP X yet.

As Canon XF Plugin does not work for FCP X, I have to look for the workaround for editing Canon MXF files on Mac. I find Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac as a great tool to make the videos compatible to Final Cut X. It would Convert Canon .mxf files to ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 (HQ), so that I can import into Final Cut X, export ProRes 422 at the same settings as the original and play it with QuickTime.

Below is the simple step-by-step guide to convert Canon MXF files to ProRes 422 for Final Cut X editing and QuickTime playback.

First, download Canon XF100 videos to Mac with Canon XF Utility. You will get the folder with files like .CIF, .THM, .MXF and .SIF.

Second, import .MXF files to Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac. Just run it as best Canon XF video converter on Mac, then click the Add button to import .mxf files or drag and drop the files to the application UI.

Third, choose Apple ProRes with 1920x1080 output. Click the format option to choose Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) as output format. Click the Settings button to choose 1920x1080 as video size.

Fourth, click the convert button under the preview window to start converting Canon XF100 files to ProRes for FCP X.

Soon after the conversion is done, you can import the ProRes files to Final Cut X and enjoy HD video editing and playback.

Tips:
If you are using iMovie, Final Cut Express, just choose Apple Intermedia Codec as output format for HD video editing.

********canon-videoconverter.com/2011/07/convert-canon-mxf-files-to-prores-422-for-final-cut-pro-x-editing-and-quicktime-playback/
Old Jul 25, 2011, 06:01 AM
Veteran

Edit Canon XF300 MXF on FCP X?Transcode MXF to Apple ProRes 422 First
Import/Convert Canon XF300 MXF movies to Apple ProRes for editing on FCP X

Are you trying to import the HD MXF videos shot with your DSLR camcorder to FCP X? If so, you must be extremely disappointed to see the mxf files being grey and cannot be imported. I have just encountered the same problem.

I shot many mxf videos with my Canon XF300 and wanted to edit them on FCP X, but the problem is that FCP X refused to import them. I turned to Yahoo Answer and found Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac,it helps me convert MXF files from Canon XF300 to Apple ProRes easily.

Following I would like to share the quick steps of Transcode Canon XF300 MXF to Apple ProRes for Editing on FCP X.

Step 1: Import MXF files from Canon XF300 to Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac
Run Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac as the best converter to transcode Canon XF300 videos to Apple ProRes 422.Cick the "Add" button to import mxf files from Canon XF300 to Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac.

Step 2: Choose Apple ProRes for FCP X
After the movies are loaded, click the "format" button and choose their export format "Apple ProRes 422(HQ) (*mov)". Click "Browse" to specify the output destination.

Step 3: Convert mxf videos of Canon XF300 to Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) for FCP X.
After setting the output format and destination, click the "Convert" button under the preview window and conversion from Canon XF300 mxf files to Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) starts immediately. It will complete in a few minutes.

Then you can enjoy your time editing HD ProRes movies on FCP X.

***********.aunsoft.com/video-converter-mac/
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:06 AM

Default 15% OFF the Best MXF Converter for Mac

15% OFF the Best MXF Converter for Mac

***********.wonderful-software.com/mxf-converter-for-mac/

MXF is a "container" or "wrapper" format which supports a number of different streams of coded "essence", encoded with any of a variety of codecs, together with a metadata wrapper which describes the material contained within the MXF file. MXF has been designed to address a number of problems with non-professional formats. MXF file format is not compatible with many programs. So you may have problem to play, edit or use these format. So are Panasonic HVX200/HPX300 MXF files, P2 MXF files and Canon XF100/XF105, Canon XF300/XF305 are also included. MXF Converter for Mac is the best tools on Mac that helps you convert MXF to MOV, MP4, AVI, MPG, etc for Editing with FCP X, FCP 6/7, FCE 4, iMovie, Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc on Mac Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion.

Tags
canon xf video converter, import prores to fcpx, mxf files to prores, mxf to fcp x, mxf to prores fcpx