ts format is a high definition container format, common on the Internet and download the HDTV (High-Definition TV) file, there are three ts format resolution standards :
1280 x 720 (non-interlaced, the field frequency of 24,30 or 60), we usually say the 720P.
1920 × 1080 (interlaced field frequency 60), but also that we usually say 1080I.
1920 × 1080 (non-interlaced, the field frequency is 24 or 30), but also that we usually say 1080P.
Visible, ts format resolution up to HD standards, very high quality, but because of the picture quality is very high,compared to the same length of time ts other common format video volume is far larger, With the same length of time, Ts format video is much larger than other ordinary format videos. Video short of a few minutes ,the volume coulc up to 1G or more.Due to the computer hard drive capacity of the limit, they are not conducive to be saved. And also difficulty to spread through the network, The purpose of convert TS to rmvb, avi, mp4, wmv SD format with ts converter is converting the big volum ts file to smaller ones,make them more conducive to save.
In addition, because of the domestic high-definition is still being developed, high-definition player has not been popular, convert ts the DVD is the only way to achieve burnning high-definition video to a DVD video disc and watch the recorded video on DVD player.
And mobile phones, MP4, iPod, the PSP, the iPhone and other mobile handheld devices, there are format restrictions, convert ts to MP4, 3GP, so we could watch the ts hd video on our potable devices, to improve the breadth of the ts video distribution.
The meaning of the coding or packaging ts is a new HD package format, is also present in gradually replacing the standard format of DVD, Blu-ray, compared to the traditional package format such as AVI, ts this high-definition package format could contain multiple subtitles, multiple audio tracks, with more superior characteristics.
At present only Sony PS3 support play ts formats,convert other formats into ts and play multi-subtitles, multi-track high quality ts video on the ps3. Ts up to HD standards, therefore, usually require high-definition video mkv, tp convert ts, otherwise, the standard definition to HD does not make sense.
Ts format used coding techniques is common, there are three, H264, VC-1, MPEG2,.
H264, VC-1, MPEG2, three coding
Coding setting the organization's hardware requirements to compression ratio
The H264/AVC ITU (ITU-T) and ISO high
The VC-1 Microsoft in
In summary, with the strengthening of the capacity of hardware decoding, The H264/AVC will continue to play to their strengths, their main advantages are as follows:
● High compression ratio. The use of advanced compression technology enables the H264 has a higher compression ratio than the conventional MPEG2, 30 percent to 50 percent space savings.
● IPTV extensive use. Limited network bandwidth and high-quality video content of the conflict will inevitably lead to H264 use a higher compression ratio.
● 3D HDTV,. 3D HDTV is the future direction of development of digital TV, while the H264 has been its use will inevitably lead to the replacement of the old and new formats.
● video codec hardware technology. Programmable processors (DSP, FPGA, etc.) paved the way for embedded codec H264; traditional PC platform, the GPU video hardware acceleration features make the H264 has been gaining popularity.
● digital TV providers to support H264. For instance, DirecTV has opened a full HD 3D channels, the H264 source of the program will be more abundant.
How to convert the TS file to common formats and enjoy on our players?We need the help of TS video converter
For windows user we can download this one
For mac user please visit this site TS Converter for Mac to download it.Just need a few click and we can complete the conversion.
Download TS Converter for Mac, install and launch it, then follow the steps below.
Step 1. Click Add File to load TS videos.
Step 2. Open Profile drop down list and choose the output format you want to get.
Step 3. Click Browse to set output folder.
Step 4. Hit Convert to start the converting.