CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 31, 2002, 04:15 PM
Banned

Talking email virus from my friend address (hotmail)

sponsored links

hi, can everyone who have hotmail look into their inbox and see if they have recived any email from: [b]che ming jin[/b] (nike072002@hotmail.com)

it also have an attachment to that email....... every email is about 46kb.....

anyways, i thought the attachment was a virus, but hotmail said that there's no virus so i download it anyways, and open it and nothing happen....... i also download the hotmail hack.exe too........

anyways, that email address was my friend hotmail address..... i thought he sent it to me but he said it's wasn't him who sent it...... i also look into my other hotmail account and it seem like i got the same email message from the address that goes by his name.....

why is this happened..... i know it's not him who sent it, he's my best friend so i guess i can trust on in him........ but do you know why this happen?

i know that someone is trying to mess with him, someone must have used his email address to send all those messages........

Last edited by thisiscoo; Dec 31, 2002 at 04:18 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2002, 05:38 PM
Veteran

its more than likely some kinda virus. some viruses replicated themselves and send themselves to everyone in ur address book, and ppl open thinks their friends send them, and so its a never ending spiral. but being it hotmail its a bit confusing, does he use outlook express and connectes to hotmail to get his mail?
Old Dec 31, 2002, 06:03 PM
Banned

well, no, he ussally use msn messengers........
Old Jan 01, 2003, 03:01 PM
Veteran

Location: Antarctica (Yes, the penguins DO use Linux down here)

It might be one of Microsoft's world famous security flaws...lol
Old Jan 07, 2003, 05:57 PM

Iv got 16 emails from the same email (addy [email]nike072002@hotmail.com[/email]) conatining a virus (45kb)