CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 28, 2004, 06:05 PM

Default PS two a.k.a PS slim version modding with RIpper IV?

sponsored links

Here's my problem: I want to buy a mod chip for my new PS two and i was thinking of buying the Ripper IV chip,it also comes with a PS2 V12FIX I.So i was wondering if it's worth it?What do you recommend?
Old Dec 29, 2004, 06:45 AM

I frequent the dms forum, where there are some really clever guys. The thread I am about to comment on is here:
********web02063.prolocation.net/phpBB2/*?t=3371&start=0&postdays=0&postorder= asc&highlight=v12+laser.

Now as far as I can see, the v12 should not be chipped unless you want a blown laser. At the present time, there are a few people trying to find a permanent fix for the v12 but the fixes available at present are not guaranteed to stop you from blowing the lens. It does not matter which chip is used, but the matrix infinity is more prone to laser burn than the dms.

Go have a look, read the whole thread ( 30 pages), I did, and wont be considering a chipped v12 for a few weeks yet.

Keith
Old Dec 29, 2004, 09:27 AM

I changed my mind i want to buy the new Magic V modchip that is compatible with PStwo.Here's what they say on the official website:
Quote:
While there are several modchip makers that place the blame on the PsTwo (v12) "burn out" problem on the PSTwo Machine itself, or on the PSTwo power supply, we want to give all of our customers and visitors some clear and factual information.
And here's what somebody at afterdawn.com told me:
Quote:
Magic 5kx,

Pros:
Comes with a Magic Kit for easier soldering.

Doesnt burn out the lasers on V12

Direct boot all PS2 Media (CD/CDR/DVD/DVDR ----> Silver/Backup/Import/Original)

Small (easy installation), Auto detect region/Jumper less, 23 pin soldering

1 Single chip support V5-V8 console and all region

Support AR2/GS2 with code and continues CD/DVD (multi disc)

Real Magic KX Is Built In Network Adapter Ready FULLY TESTED

Does not effect your DVD player all original features of the PS2 remain the same - Bonus modchip off feature

CONS:

No upgradeable Firmware unlike the DMS4

Solder chip not a Non Solder

Tons of fakes out there (watch out) Visit ***********.china-magic.com/ (OFFICIAL WEBSITE) Then click on resellers to locate suitable place to purchase. They also have info on identifying fakes.

Hope this helps you out mate

Peace & Greetz 2 all
Just read the second .
SO what do you think?
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman
I frequent the dms forum, where there are some really clever guys. The thread I am about to comment on is here:
********web02063.prolocation.net/phpBB2/*?t=3371&start=0&postdays=0&postorder= asc&highlight=v12+laser.

Now as far as I can see, the v12 should not be chipped unless you want a blown laser. At the present time, there are a few people trying to find a permanent fix for the v12 but the fixes available at present are not guaranteed to stop you from blowing the lens. It does not matter which chip is used, but the matrix infinity is more prone to laser burn than the dms.

Go have a look, read the whole thread ( 30 pages), I did, and wont be considering a chipped v12 for a few weeks yet.

Keith
Its also down to the media used and the speed that backups are writen at, MATRIX chips are no more to blame than any other mods , and so far ive not heard of any PSTWO's laser popping with the neo or summones fix.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 04:58 PM

I think i'm gonna buy the Magic V chip & apply the summone fix.BTW can anyone tell me where I can find the summone fix>i browsed the 30 pages but i didn't found it,maybe i sckipped it.Anyways can you please post a link.THX
Old Dec 30, 2004, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6 2.9
Its also down to the media used and the speed that backups are writen at, MATRIX chips are no more to blame than any other mods , and so far ive not heard of any PSTWO's laser popping with the neo or summones fix.
Time will tell i guesss, but ive heard of over 200 sommones fixe's being done with no returns..

Last edited by VR6 2.9; Dec 30, 2004 at 02:04 PM.