CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 7
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 02, 2014, 02:37 AM

Default Transcode Canon C300 MXF to DNxHD .mov for Avid MC 5/6/7

sponsored links

Summary: The Avid Media Composer 5/6/7 won’t import MXF files from your Canon C300? The easy workaround is to transcode C300 MXF recordings to Avid MC natively supported format – DNxHD .mov. Here is a quick-stare guide for you.

I’ve got a ton of Canon C300 footage that I'm trying to import the C300 MXF files into Avid MC 7. Since the files come out natively as MXF, I know I can pull them right into Avid, but the file structure coming off the card itself has been presenting issues. With the C300, it puts each MXF file into its own folder within the card structure. Because of this, Avid Media Composer doesn't seem to be able to successfully do an AMA link unless I manually select each clip's folder one at a time. Since I've got a TON of media, this would take a long time. I feel like there's a workaround that I'm not seeing. So I have scoured the internet, tried everything I could find, and have had a decent solution yet.

According to the tech support online, I know MXF is a self-container format which is unacceptable by various non-linear editing systems (NLE) including the Avid Media Composer(5/5.5/6/6.5/7). In order to transfer Canon 300 MXF files to Avid Media Composer natively in batch without the AMA link, the easy workaround is to transcode Canon C300 MXF to DNxHD, the native format for Avid Media Composer. It will ensure the efficient result while importing C300 videos into Avid MC for editing.

Along with some help from a top MXF Converter tool- Brorsoft MXF Converter for Mac, it can be done effortlessly. To help those who wanna convert Canon MXF files to Avid Media Composer, here I share with you a simple guide on how to rewrap C300 MXF footage to edit in Avid Media Composer CS6/CC under Mac OS X.

Overall, the program is a professional yet easy-to-use MXF to Avid DNxHD Converter on Mac(Mavericks included), which not only can convert C300 as well as XF100, XF105 and XF300, XF305, Panasonic P2 recorded MXF files, but also provides simple video editing functions for you. The MXF file converter is designed with the various optima preset profiles like DNxHD for Avid MC, MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Pro, ProRes for Final Cut Pro, AIC .mov for iMovie, etc. The equivalent Windows version is Brorsoft MXF Converter, which can transcode MXF files for Windows editing smoothly. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to make your Avid Media Composer 5/6/7 ingest MXF videos from C300 beautifully.

Converting C300 MXF to DNxHD for Avid Media Composer on Mac

Step 1. Launch the Mac MXF to Avid Converter. Drag and drop Canon .mxf clips to it. The converter works with MXF shootings taken with Canon XF series. And it supports batch conversion. That means you can add several videos files for conversion at one time.

Step 2. Click on "Format", and select output format from the drop-down list. Follow "Avid Media Composer" > Avid DHxHD (*.mov)”, which is the best solution for editing Canon C300 footage in Avid.

Step 3. Adjust the video and audio parameters including the Bitrate of Video&Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., by clicking the Settings button for getting the best quality before starting conversion.

Step 4. Click the convert button under the preview window; the MXF to DNxHD converter will start transcoding C300 MXF to Avid MC immediately.

Soon after the conversion is finished, just click “Open” button to get the generated files for edit in Avid Media Composer 5/6/7 perfectly.

Source:Converting C300 MXF to DNxHD for Avid Media Composer on Mac

Quote:
********format-changes.over-blog.com/2014/09/transcoding-canon-c300-mxf-in-avid-media-composer-5-6-7-avid-mc.html