CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Consumer's Opinion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 03, 2002, 10:36 AM

sponsored links

This also looks a bit ropey to me, this is from the Lik-Sang site:

Where they say this:

The Lik Sang Safe Shopping Guarantee assures your protection while you shop with us, so you don't need to worry about credit card safety.

Why is Lik Sang so safe?

Safety in Numbers:
You don't need to worry about the safety of your credit card information when shopping at Lik Sang. You can rest assured knowing that your online shopping experience at will be a secure one. Hundreds of thousands of customers trust us world-wide.

Safe Technology:
Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure online commerce transactions. [b]It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card numbers, names, and addresses, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.[/b] Our security has been authorized and verified by an independent organization
Why then do they insist on you emailing your credit card details, kind of defeats all the encryption flag waving they claim doesn't it??

I know they have been around a while and have a good rep but they can poke getting an order from me.
Old Jul 03, 2002, 10:37 AM

Hey m8, I wouldn't worry some UK based on line retailers ask you to fax a copy of your card to them for mail order purposes.

It is to clamp down on credit card fraud, when people are using other peoples card details, and believe me this process does help.
Old Jul 03, 2002, 10:38 AM

[I] As a verification process, similar as an offline purchase we require a copy of your actual credit card (front & back) to continue with your purchase. Please kindly assist us and either scan and e-mail (to [email][/email]) or fax us the credit card copy being used for this order. [/I]

That sounds a bit suss - why would they want a copy of front and back especially where you sign, I would not give them that info if I were you no matter how trusting they say they are.
Old Jul 03, 2002, 11:00 AM

Most places insist that your first order placed by credit card MUST be delivered to your registered Credit card address.

So if you are using someones elses card, then the rightful owner will still receive the goods (even if he didn't order it).

Perhaps this is why, are you trying to get the goods delivered to somewhere other than your card address??
Old Jul 03, 2002, 11:11 AM

no the same address mate, its my card
Old Jul 03, 2002, 12:56 PM

im also looking to buy off them (gamecube) but not sure if they are ok m8
as its alot of money to lose if u get ripped off