CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 27, 2002, 07:18 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

I got the 4 svcd version of LOTR on friday and when I put it in and tryed to play it through PowerDVD, it said Unsupported Format, but there is away of playing it.
There is a button on the right hand side which lets you switch between file mode and cd mode.
Go to file mode, then click on the Menu button, from there you select where the file is, click on it, press add, then ok.
Now just press the play button and it should play, mine did.
All I want now is a converter so I can convert it from svcd to vcd so it will play on my dvd player.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 10:04 AM
Veteran

thx for that m8, i was really struggling with that problem 2 but mine works gr8 now thx!!! U da daddy!
Old Jan 29, 2002, 12:30 AM

Lightbulb SVCD LOTR Convert

Indiana Jones: "All I want now is a converter so I can convert it from svcd to vcd so it will play on my dvd player"

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONVERT THIS svcd to vcd & play in you dvd player. Use NERO it does all the work for you. IT IS GREAT.

If you need more info email me.
PS I Would love to get a copy of the 4 SVCD Version of LOTR.
CAN I TRADE ETC ?
Thank you

[email]PATRICKTIMNEY@shaw.ca[/email]

Old Jan 29, 2002, 06:13 AM
Veteran

Default Re: SVCD LOTR Convert

Are you saying that if I choice to create a vcd and load up the svcd file instead of a vcd file, Nero will convert it so it works, great.
Will try it when I get home but I doubt it will work.
I will let you know if it works and if it does, I will send you a copy of the SVCD.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Re: SVCD LOTR Convert

Hi, INDIANA JONES

YES I HAVE Nero5 version 5.5.5.1 & IF YOU CHOOSE NEW COMPILATION & VIDEO CD(other) THEN CHOOSE TO MAKE A VCD (it also allows you to create an svcd)BUT PICK THE VCD & THEN THE SPEED YOU WANT TO RECORD AT. THEN CHOOSE THE DRIVE YOU HAVE PUT THE SVCDS IN (cdrom/cdr/dvd etc) THEN CLICK ON IT or CLICK & DRAG TO THE LEFT SIDE & DROP (should take a few) THEN IT SHOULD COME UP AS INCORRECT FORMAT TO MAKE A VCD THEN CHOOSE "CONTINUE & Re-ENCODE" THIS SHOULD TAKE A FEW Secs/Mins. THEN AFTER IT IS DONE IT WILL SHOW UP ON THE LEFT SIDE. AFTER THAT CLICK ON THE 8th ICON AT THE TOP JUST BELOW "extras" & THIS WILL START YOUR COPY TO CDR (burning process).
THIS SHOULD WORK JUST FINE. I WOULD PICK A MID SPEED FOR BURNING AN SVCD to VCD.

Email ME AT HOME & I CAN HELP YOU IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ANSWERED WHILE YOU ARE DOING THIS.

[email]PATRICKTIMNEY@shaw.ca[/email] TAKE CARE

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Indiana Jones [/i]
[B]Are you saying that if I choice to create a vcd and load up the svcd file instead of a vcd file, Nero will convert it so it works, great.
Will try it when I get home but I doubt it will work.
I will let you know if it works and if it does, I will send you a copy of the SVCD. [/B]

Last edited by scw; Jan 29, 2002 at 02:04 PM.