CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 31, 2002, 11:58 AM

sponsored links

Like the Dreamcast method? Link it 2 a PC and stream the data through a cable!
I can bet the discs are normal DVDs! its just that they have that quite clever protection on the discs!

It hard to explain without looking at the discs how it actually works - but look at the inner edge and you will see that it has a barcode or shaded looking area on the data surface. Hold the discs up to the light and look at the area agin.......
Its transparent! BUT can you the the little part which has data on it? THATS THE PROTECTION!
If we try putting the discs in our DVD drives its just like scratching a hole all the way around the inner edge of the disc and expecting it to read!
Windows/your DVD thinks it can read it - BUT IT CANT. On my PC it thinks its an Audio CD!
So anyone who tries telling you theyve copied the disc using any type of software - They chatting rubbish!

See becuase Nintendo PRESS the discs and dont burn them, Its possible to use clever tactics like that.

Its such a simple method! But its very smart!

[url=***********.nintendoadvance.on.to][img]********hometown.aol.co.uk/nolimit988/myhomepage/banner3.gif[/img]

Opens Sept 25th - sign up now

Last edited by nolimit966; Aug 31, 2002 at 12:57 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2002, 01:19 PM
Veteran

i reckon by christmas there will be gc backups available . hopefully
Old Sep 05, 2002, 01:33 PM

mmm - I dont know!
Now lets all think - HOW do those data recovery places recover data off a scratched disc?

Because its really just like having scratched discs because of the hole bit!

Was panasonic/nintendo have done is put the gap in the disc where a normal DVD drive would normally start reading the data on the disc (inner edge)- which is the part of the disc becuase it determins what sort of disc it is!

Its just a random guess saying GCN backups should be available by christmas - BUT there could be another way to do it which is the modem way!

Would it be possible to MOD a standard DVD drive so it skips reading the inner edge of the disc?
Old Sep 06, 2002, 05:55 PM
Veteran

I dont get it....cant one just make silvers of the disc....like for ps2 games. I figure, if you just press the game exactley like it is....you'll get that gap parts also....(if you had specially manufactures discs that were like the CG discs)

...but maybe by that time, it'll cost more than an original game.
Old Sep 07, 2002, 11:15 PM

I WANT GAMECUBE BACKUPS NOW!!!!!! TEAR
Old Sep 08, 2002, 05:42 PM

I think were going to have a long wait.