CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 25, 2002, 02:30 PM

sponsored links

Roasting Newbies over a hot open flame. HAHAHAHA.

Hey Internet Hazing is not permitted. Just useful info please.

So what ale mate? Maybe MacDUDe can burn better after a few. Offer Up some advice from the Queensland will ya?.
Old Jan 26, 2002, 06:54 AM
Veteran

S'allright I know MAC DUDE he knows I'm serious about him being a big girls blouse LOL.

He is having probs with PS2 CD-R,

Works with the knife method when he burns but not a mod-chip eject for some reason.
Comparing his CD-R to mine that do work with the Mod-chip everything seems the same LBA's for all the files the whole thing is identical. Only thing is as I say dont boot unless you knife the PS2. We tried loads of media same every time.
He uses an external predator (Iomega), we even tried hooking his burner up to my (dirty word here) PC and using Discjuggler it burned O.K yet, back on his still big problems.

What do you think, it's not media, its not the burner, but it's gotta be something.
Old Jan 27, 2002, 02:43 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by danman [/i]
[B]S'allright I know MAC DUDE he knows I'm serious about him being a big girls blouse LOL.

He is having probs with PS2 CD-R,

Works with the knife method when he burns but not a mod-chip eject for some reason.
Comparing his CD-R to mine that do work with the Mod-chip everything seems the same LBA's for all the files the whole thing is identical. Only thing is as I say dont boot unless you knife the PS2. We tried loads of media same every time.
He uses an external predator (Iomega), we even tried hooking his burner up to my (dirty word here) PC and using Discjuggler it burned O.K yet, back on his still big problems.

What do you think, it's not media, its not the burner, but it's gotta be something. [/B]
As I have said about 3 times it is a PS2 laser problem sony put good lasers in some and crappy lasers in others
Old Jan 27, 2002, 05:19 AM
Veteran

PS2 Daddy,

You dont seem to be getting what I'm saying...

We used exactly the same media and exactly the same recorder on his Mac and My PC (USB predator On Verbatims , White tops etc) By this I mean he brought his entire setup round to mine NOT just the same models etc.. Mine play in exactly the same PS2 (his and Mine) using just the eject swap on HIS & My modded PS2. His backups have to be Knife swapped but then go on to function exactly the same as mine (the backups made on his kit BUT burned on My PC)once loaded.
Summary :-
Everything is the same Media/PS2/Burner but they work in a different way His need to be knife swapped, Mine can do a normal Mod swap that is to say eject and press X when tray is going in.
Now I know he is using the same software as others on this board Astare and Toast Titanium 5.2 (theese are taken from memory so correct me if I'm wrong MacDude). Nobody else seems to have a problem with this combination so whats amiss here?

He has young kids and dont want to knife swap all his backups, I could carry on doing all his backups for him but that would make him feel less of a Man (which he is LOL).

This is catagorically NOT a laser problem, so bearing that in mind any other sugestions would be welcome

Thanks

Dan

Last edited by danman; Jan 27, 2002 at 05:21 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2002, 10:08 AM
Veteran

Question

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by danman [/i]
[B]PS2 Daddy,

You dont seem to be getting what I'm saying...

We used exactly the same media and exactly the same recorder on his Mac and My PC (USB predator On Verbatims , White tops etc) By this I mean he brought his entire setup round to mine NOT just the same models etc.. Mine play in exactly the same PS2 (his and Mine) using just the eject swap on HIS & My modded PS2. His backups have to be Knife swapped but then go on to function exactly the same as mine (the backups made on his kit BUT burned on My PC)once loaded.
Summary :-
Everything is the same Media/PS2/Burner but they work in a different way His need to be knife swapped, Mine can do a normal Mod swap that is to say eject and press X when tray is going in.
Now I know he is using the same software as others on this board Astare and Toast Titanium 5.2 (theese are taken from memory so correct me if I'm wrong MacDude). Nobody else seems to have a problem with this combination so whats amiss here?

He has young kids and dont want to knife swap all his backups, I could carry on doing all his backups for him but that would make him feel less of a Man (which he is LOL).

This is catagorically NOT a laser problem, so bearing that in mind any other sugestions would be welcome

Thanks

Dan [/B]
What is your version your
1. PS2 serial, date code,
2. what chip are you using
3. What version Gameshark are you using
4. What is the exact procedure you are using to burn you games

We can start from there Dan maybe I can help.
Also the connection to pin 2 if it is a neo 2.2 or neo key
might have come loose or the wire might be crimpped since it sounds like he is not injecting the SCEX signal to boot the games or his laser is going bad

Have him his check his wires it cold be from the other end of pin 2 also if it is a neo 2.2 chek pin 2 on the chip or check the usb point on a neo key also

I have now chipped 25 PS2's so far 18 PS2 with a neokey and 8 PS2's with a neo 2.2 and I have noticed that probably about 30-40% of those I have some problems reading the Psone media but they will read them
I use my same games to test every PS2 that I chip
usually they never have problem reading DVD-r or CD-R for PS2 games

I have had to adjust about 4 of the CD pots to get them to read more accurately and then they worked fine. I have noticed that some of the version 4's have had this problem but must of them are the older version 1-3 models

I have a version 4 datecode 1b serial u4......... and I use a Gameshark 1.9 with a neo 2.2 and almost every game that I have always boots perfectly with no problem and I have about 87 PSone (three of these were bad burns that wont play in my psone) 58 PS2 CD-Rs and 15 DVD-r's

Last edited by ps2daddy; Jan 27, 2002 at 10:25 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2002, 02:04 PM
Veteran

Thanks PS2 Daddy (also sorry cos we seem to have hi-jacked this post a little)

The main thing here isn't really the PS2/media/burner.

If I can confirm that ALL games I backup for him work with an eject boot (PS2 3003 Neo 2.2) this is with both Action Replay 2 V2 and Region X. No problems boot every time therefor Chip functions 100%.

You know the score Load up chosen Boot CD be it AR2 or DVD reg X, hit eject swap disc as the tray closes pres X or start depending on AR2/Region X. Game boots. This is on every one of the games I do for him, even if they were burned using His writer on MY PC and with different/same types of media. As I say I use either CDRWIN or DISCJUGGLER.

He writes a game on his Mac using Astarte and/or Titanium 5.2. He then goes to boot said game using same eject method as above and no go. YET if he does the knife swap INSTEAD of the eject swap, it boots and plays fine.

This does not just aply to his PS2, as I could then see where you are coming from with the loose wire thing. They behave exactly the same on MY PS2 as they do on his, i.e knife O.K eject swap NO GO.

I modded them both and am very experienced in both chipping & backups. However I am NOT experienced in the field of MAC backups. The only difference between the copies I make and the copies he makes are the software used to write them and the fact his was done on MAC and mine PC.

As I said knifing wouldnt be a problem if it wasn't for the fact he has young kids.

We've tried everything and every combination to get the prob sorted, but the ONLY thing it could be IMHO is maybe burning software.