CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 27, 2002, 06:49 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

For those that need help with a mac
You need to use Toast Titanium 5.01 or 5.02
Open toast

If you just have a CD-RW

1. Select image copy (third option from the left at the top of the toast window)
2. insert CD game
3. Select "Save as image " under the file menu
4. Click on the image then Record image

(note you must have enough space on your hard drive to do this)

or

1. Select image copy
2. insert CD game
3. Click on record
it will ask you to place in a blank CD-R When ready

If you have a CD-RW and CD-Rom drive

1. Select image copy
2. Drag CD to window
3. Click on record

If your cds are scratched there is a differnt method lemme
know if you have problems
Try burniing at a slower speed

How to make an image using astarte

1. Insert the disk and click on the “select all button” then hit save.

2. Make sure your preferences look like my attachment I included

How to patch games

Obtain PPF-o-Matic for the mac goto ***********.psxcopyworld.com
Obtain the required patch from that same site look in the psx patches and utilities sections

1. Open the program and select the Astarte iso you just created
2. Select the patch it is the file that has .ppf on the end
3. Click on apply patch

How to burn PS Game with audio tracks

1. Open toast 5 and select the “others” file cabinet in the top of the Toast window
2. Do a right click and select “Multitrack CD-Rom XA”
3. Then click on select and pick the iso file then click on “Add” repeat for each audio file and make sure that you put them in order
4. Select Record

Without Audio Tracks

1. Just double click on your Astarte image and it will put everything in the correct format in Toast Titanium 5 and click record

How to do DVD’s

For those that need help with a mac

You need to use Toast Titanium 5.01 or 5.02
Open toast

If you just have a superdrive

1. Select image copy
2. insert DVD game
3. Save as image
4. Record image (don't use burnproof)

or

1. Select image copy
2. insert DVD game
3. Click on record
it will ask you to place in a blank DVD-R When ready

If you have a DVD-RW and DVD-Rom drive

1. Select image copy
2. Drag DVD to window
3. Click on record

I have burned at 2x on apple branded and pioneer media with no problem 4.37Gb took about 28 min

Last edited by ps2daddy; Jan 27, 2002 at 07:03 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 08:47 AM

Cool

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by danman [/i]
[B]
The main thing here isn't really the PS2/media/burner.

If I can confirm that ALL games I backup for him work with an eject boot (PS2 3003 Neo 2.2) this is with both Action Replay 2 V2 and Region X. No problems boot every time therefor Chip functions 100%. [/B]
I have a friend with the same issues. He kept coming back with PS2 DVD rom burns I did for him and claiming they weren't good. He was doing everything correctly but, they wouldn't work on his PS2. However Cd rom burns and PSX burns worked fine. Just the DVD Rom games were a problem.

Quote:
[B] He writes a game on his Mac using Astarte and/or Titanium 5.2. He then goes to boot said game using same eject method as above and no go. YET if he does the knife swap INSTEAD of the eject swap, it boots and plays fine. [/B]
I verified that his copies worked on my PS2 and for a while I believed it was him who was having timing issues. So I asked him to bring his equipment over to my home and I'd test everything on his own equipment and show him how it's done. Told him to bring his gameshark too.

Quote:
[B] I modded them both and am very experienced in both chipping & backups. However I am NOT experienced in the field of MAC backups. The only difference between the copies I make and the copies he makes are the software used to write them and the fact his was done on MAC and mine PC. [/B]
I can only claim that I know what to do if needed. I have a modded spare because I fixed another friends botched attempt, he went and bought a premodded unit and gave me the one he screwed up. But backups on Mac or Windows platforms is no problem as I have both available to me in my home. Either platform never gives me a problem and for my friend with the boot issues I also tried burns off both platforms.

Quote:
[B] As I said knifing wouldnt be a problem if it wasn't for the fact he has young kids. [/B]
Same issue for me for the PS2 and PS one games which is why I'd like to fine a definite fix for my issues but perhaps I'll need to do as PS2daddy suggested.

Quote:
[B] We've tried everything and every combination to get the prob sorted, but the ONLY thing it could be IMHO is maybe burning software. [/B]
Well let me finish by saying that when my friend got all his stuff over to my home we tried to boot the same DVD rom games that I burned and booted on my PS2. Well, they didn't boot on his unit. The DVD rom boots would just hang on the "insert game and press X to continue" screen. Curious now I tried them on my PS2 using his gameshark and the same thing...would just hang and not boot DVD titles.

I verified the version of his GS2 and it was the correct Ver. 1.9 and the look and feel of the GUi was identical to mine. Well further curiosity led me to boot his games off of my GS2 on his PS2. And they worked. Every single one I burned for him booted. Oddly when I attemted to boot his game shark afterwards it no longer would get past the first splash screen...it just stopped working for him. However My GS was still booting and working for all burns on either PS2.

I verified his version PS2 as ver. 4 and as I said his now dead GS2 cd was and is a ver 1.9. The chip is a Neo 2.2 and it was a combined purchase from a game electronics store in Chinatown NYC that I've been going to for the last 10 years. His GS2 dongle is good because my GS2 cd boots with it. Therefore we confirmed his GS2 cd was a defective product.

The reason I mention this is that there was no mention whether MACDUDE or you verified the boot media. Was his GS2/AR2 always a part of the picture? Or did you attempt to use another one at any point? Sounds stupid and too simple I know...that's how I felt to discover this with my friend.

He aquired a new GS2 and now his boots work fine. And he still has the defective one hanging on his wall as a reminder that a simple solution may be right in front of you.

Old Jan 28, 2002, 09:45 AM
Veteran

Hey Senimage I didnt think about the gameshark being the problem.

By golly that could very well be his answer
Old Jan 28, 2002, 01:50 PM
Veteran

Good points all,

I'm glad were looking at things from a different point of view now.
However we did try my DVDX in his PS2 and vice versa. He also now boots using AR2 V2 because the DVD-R capabilities, but the issues remain the same in either AR2 & or Region X.

We really appreciate all your input however, so thanks for your time folks

Dan
Old Jan 28, 2002, 02:42 PM

Cool

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by danman [/i]
[B]Good points all,

I'm glad were looking at things from a different point of view now.
However we did try my DVDX in his PS2 and vice versa. He also now boots using AR2 V2 because the DVD-R capabilities, but the issues remain the same in either AR2 & or Region X.

We really appreciate all your input however, so thanks for your time folks

Dan [/B]
I should add that My GS2 although it works for Booting....will only work with an EA swap/ DVD original swap type method or any method where the reset button must be held in the entire time before the X is pressed. And that's whether I boot a DVDr or Cdr. I'm not complaining since they boot everytime. But there is no success in getting it to boot by just hitting reset. I have to keep it pressed, My friends GS2 booted without having to keep it held in(that's before it finally stopped working of course). So again I would just kindly recommend that you for the sake of experimenting aquire or borrow another known boot cd whether DVDx or AR2/GS2 and try again. It's obvious from my observations that they are not all the same, just as PS2daddy will agree that not all PS2 consoles are built the same or the same quality. The same IMHO holds true for the Boot media.
Cheers.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 03:07 PM

Question

On the other hand there is the dongle for the AR2/GS2. This is possibly another weak link. I'm not sure but I believe it is a necessary part of a successfully booting AR2/GS2. I wouldn't be so strong to suggest a problem with either if I hadn't experienced the same problems myself. So really before you throw in the towel on this one give an honest effort to try.

1. Using an alternate AR2/GS2 off of a known working system.

Or if the results are the same with the CD media then....

2.Try an AR2/GS2 dongle off of a known working system.

If this fails then I conceed that perhaps this PS2 is possesed and only works when threatened with a knife