CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 30, 2002, 11:57 PM

sponsored links

I just contacted Deekman and he says he has no FTP contact ppl that has one
Old May 31, 2002, 04:50 AM

I would be willing to set up a FTP server, I am on the net almost 24/7. however there is a downside I'm only 56k and could probably only handle a max user limit of 2-3, so it probably doesn't appeal to many of you high speed users. I have about 70 backups to share including some hard to find ones. I won't put a ratio on the site but I would appreciate it if people could upload a few requests that I have. If anyone would like me to go ahead and set one up let me know.
Old May 31, 2002, 03:02 PM

Default re

alright guys, listen up. here are some good news. i setup an ftp server. it will be stricly for our use right now. this is the low down. the shared space will be 10 GB to start off with. this may be increased if needed. my upload/download speed is about 200kbps/800kbps. since i know if i leave it open to infinite users with infinite bandwidth, 2 or 3 people with a super connection can flood me quick. so i need your opinions in setting up the download/upload speed and user loggon limit. i have already setup the ftp server as i said and it has been tested and is very robust and works great. does this sound good? give me your opinions and advice on any special setup, if all is well, i will give you guys the ftp address, login and password by tonight.
Old May 31, 2002, 03:05 PM

I would probably say 5-10 users capped at about 50 kbps. That sounds pretty reasonable.
Old May 31, 2002, 03:36 PM

I think a few dial up only connections capped at 6-7k would be good also. Lets us modem users have a chance too.
Old May 31, 2002, 08:50 PM

Default re

alright peeps, the sever is up. today is the test trial and it will be up for the next 7 hours to see how it goes. you can upload and download. no ratio crap. this is basically going to be used like everyone wanted above. lets share our stuff. right now it is empty because i have just launched it. if you have something please upload it. and if you see something you need. download it. there are currently 10 GB of space. so we need you guys with alot of stuff to start uploading. i will add some of my own later on. you can use any ftp client software you like, i personally prefer cute ftp.

address: ***.***.***.** port is the defualt 21
login: user
password: user

please be considerate of others and do not hog bandwidth. also, to get this going we need people to start uploading. sharing means uploading and downloading. ok here we go.

Last edited by the3jams; Jun 01, 2002 at 04:16 AM.