CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 01, 2002, 05:29 PM
suspended

sponsored links

Yep, I'm on freeserve too like Ferret76. Online for a good 8-10 Hrs minimum most days and never had them warn me yet over the last two years.
Old Jun 01, 2002, 05:49 PM
Veteran

im on bt openworld too, but i got broadband,is that different from you?

quite shocking really..
Old Jun 01, 2002, 06:11 PM
Veteran

NLB, us broadband users can use the net as much as we want.

Roger
Old Jun 01, 2002, 07:50 PM

Ahhh....BT, the company we all love to hate. There's even a site called btsuck.org lol. I HATE BT! I'm a FORMER BT user. I switched to AOL coz BT suspended my account twice. I made sure I didn't use the Anytime thing for more than 16 hours each day but they suspended me for dialing in from two locations. I guess that was my bad but the 2 hour cut off thing was ridiculous. AOL cuts off pretty randomly but usually way more than 2 hours each time. And what was with the drop in transfer rate after an hour? It wasn't worth 15 a month. AOL charge the same but I'm much happier with the service.

I would get broadband but it's not available in my area yet (I tried). I read this was because of BT aswell slowing the market down or something. I'm done.
Old Jun 02, 2002, 04:36 AM
Veteran

One thing I've thought of, I access my e-mail account from work. Is it possible that they are somehow logging this as 'on-line' time ?
Old Jun 02, 2002, 04:48 AM

They shouldn't do.

Is their broadband service any good? I'm sure tech support sucks.