CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 05, 2002, 04:43 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Thanks guys, I'm glad this has developed into a discussion about broadband !!

I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know that BT haven't replied yet !! I shan't hold my breath.
Old Jun 05, 2002, 07:09 AM

Ummmm.....I just signed up with them:

***********.f9.co.uk/index.html?Example_Session=c64c9694ba940b32c0cd264 3d7b7585e

I just really don't like BT LOL. The price seems good too.
Old Jun 05, 2002, 08:55 AM
Veteran

Just had a unpleasant experience with B.T... I'd read about them cutting people off who were using the Anytime for over 12 hours per day for no reason.. Well, I'd downloaded GTA3 overnight ( took 10 hours for 128mb!! lol.. ) and I'd been on the net for quite a while that day too so I'd been on for well over 12 hours.. I never got cut off but was only able to connect at a piss poor 21.6 kbps for the next 3 days!! I questioned B.T about it and they said that instead of cutting me off they'd halved my bandwidth. Tossers. Now its back to normal! ordered Broadband a while ago by the way and so far... nothing.. lol... typical.

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Jun 05, 2002, 09:15 AM
Veteran

Yep, it amazes me how they sell a so-called 'Anytime' product giving '24 hours a day unmetered access' and then limit access to 12 hours a day !

Again, as I said in my first post, follow the link and COMPLAIN !!!
Old Jun 05, 2002, 11:43 AM

I tried to make sure I was offline for at least 8 hours and I think that worked. Although the download rate always dropped to like 3kbytes/s after the first hour and there was the 2 hour cut off. What is with the damn premium rate tech support call charge? I say, if you can't get broadband, get AOL instead. Same price, no fixed disconnections (just sometimes random but a hella lot better than 2 hrs). Pity you need to have their software running but you don't need to use it. Transfer rates are pretty consistent.

Last edited by DMC; Jun 05, 2002 at 11:45 AM.
Old Jun 05, 2002, 01:35 PM
Veteran

Can someone educate me please.....

are there cut-off periods/download limits or other annoying disconnections involved with freeserve broadband?

i know some dial-up's do but i really want to know about freeserve broadband (as i've ordered it) i read there web site but it seems to only mention good points, and there HAS to be some bad points as BT are involved (there lines)