CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 13, 2002, 01:35 PM
Veteran

Thumbs down Final Update

sponsored links

OK, final response from our friends at BT (edited highlights !);

'I am sorry to learn of your continuing concerns.

As mentioned previously each time you connect to our servers the time and length of your connection is logged. These logs are then used to determine if your usage pattern constitutes unattended or excessive usage of the service.

Regrettably neither our Technical nor Customer Service Teams have access to your account usage statistics due to the Data Protection Act, therefore should you require this information it is necessary to contact the Data Subject Access Manager as described in our previous correspondence.

With regards to the 16 hour limit, your account will have been highlighted for overuse if a connection has been maintained for 16 hours or more in any 24-hour period, during any two days in a seven-day period.

From your email you mention that it is unlikely that such a level of usage could have occurred during weekday evenings, as the Surftime unmetered period is only 14 hours in length. At weekends however the Surftime period runs from 6pm Friday until 8am Monday. During this time is clearly possible to connect using the unmetered number for more than 16 hours in any 24.

If you believe that you have not been connected for such a length of time during one day, please also bear in mind that your usage in measured during a rolling 24-hour period, therefore if you are connected for more than 16 hours in any 24 hour period, your account will be highlighted.

With regards to your comments relating to checking your emails while at work, such connections would count towards your usage total as the same username and password would be being used to connect, irrespective of the telephone number you use to connect.

I hope that above information has helped to further clarify the situation. '

So there you go, when does unmetered access not mean unmetered access....when you're with BT !!!!!
Old Jun 13, 2002, 02:11 PM

hey if i where you i would get a new online service provider
Old Jun 14, 2002, 03:41 AM
Veteran

Yep, moving house soon so cable here we come !!!

6pm Friday to 8 am Monday, 62 hours free time....actually allowed, no more than 24 !!!
Old Jun 14, 2002, 03:51 AM
Veteran

When I was on BT dial up I was on 24 hours a day! When they cut me off my pc auto redialed and continued with the downloads (i was downloading 24/7).

They never said anything to me and I didn't have any problems, they must have changed the rules...

Roger
Old Jun 15, 2002, 09:53 AM
Banned

Hi guys
i no som1 that works at btow , if you use the net for more than 12 hours within a 24hrs uu account will be ceased and not reinstated , you can apeal against it but the chance of you gettin ur account back is slim
also if more than 1 user logs onto the net at the same time useing ur account details you will get barred , you get 3 lifes and once they are up then ur account gets ceased , if you miss a payment on ur credit card then ur account gets temp barred untill u call them up and make the payment , but if you dont call them when the next billing date comes round it will try and take the missed payment and then the payment for that month so really u paying for a month that u aint even used , the list goes on and on lol
basicly dont use btow go somwhere else!!!!