CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 08, 2002, 04:29 PM

sponsored links

your probably better off buying the vcd version,post on the other forum buying software europe
its along process to explain the conversion and you need temp enc software,www.vdchelp.com would be a good place to start
Old Jun 09, 2002, 05:02 PM

are you sure the iso wasnt corrupt when you exstrac it from the RAR or Zip files ???? that could be you problem
Old Jun 09, 2002, 05:37 PM

Did it from the discs, it was a nightmare,yes something is corrupt somewhere,although reading a thread on the vcdquality site,lots of peeps are having trouble too.
some claim its not a standard svcd-I dont know.
I ve just watched it the whole way through, disc one and two converted ok now but there is five mins at the very end with no sound now,so Im back to square one.
you might say why dont you buy the vcd version that people have done,but to me thats giving in-there must be someone out there who has done this??
Old Jun 10, 2002, 06:43 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by u-571 [/i]
[B]Did it from the discs, it was a nightmare,yes something is corrupt somewhere,although reading a thread on the vcdquality site,lots of peeps are having trouble too.
some claim its not a standard svcd-I dont know.
I ve just watched it the whole way through, disc one and two converted ok now but there is five mins at the very end with no sound now,so Im back to square one.
you might say why dont you buy the vcd version that people have done,but to me thats giving in-there must be someone out there who has done this?? [/B]
yeah i think its youre copy that is corrupt because i have spider man and mine doesnt have a 5 min of no sound the person that sent you that copy had a corrupt file in his iso and burnt it i suggest trying to get another copy or something hey try looking at www.vcdhelp.com maybe they have a mpg2 fixer in there site
Old Jun 10, 2002, 06:48 PM

thanks, Ill look for the fixer
The svcds play ok its when I try to encode to vcd that I get probs,its really doing my head in
Old Jun 14, 2002, 05:16 AM

i think i have found out how you can do it thisis wat you need

DVD2AVI
Tmpgenc

1. rip the movie from the original cd
2. open DVD2avi
3. then open the movie file on thier
4. then save project (this will seperate the audio and make some king of link file to the video that tmpgenc can use so dont delete the mpg file)
5. then get the .d2v file witch is the video link and encode it to wat ever format you want (remember just encode the video leave the audio out of it)
6. after use the tmpgenc tools access this by clicking on the file menu and then click on mpeg tools
7. then use the simple multiplex and put the mpg as youre video and the .mpa as youre audio and dont forget to select wat fromat you want it to combined them in

that should do it post here if it worked for you it did for me when i tried to make mine with chapters but thats another thing