CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 06, 2002, 11:55 PM
Veteran

Default Some Soloutions To Gta3 Problems

sponsored links

I have seen lots of the same problems with GTA 3 so here are links to people who had problems and got them fixed and directions.

Blocky/messed up letters in GTA 3- ***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114582

If you want to copy GTA 3 then do this.

Download CloneCD www.elby.ch (I think)
Read the disc at about 4x with FAST ERROR SKIP ON
Then Burn with AMPLIFY WEAK SECTORS on and everything else default.
If you have a LITE-ON burner then you may not need to use AMPLIFY WEAK SECTORS.
Then play it in a CD-rom(not a cd burner else the ATIP protection will find out your running a copy of the game). Or try HIDE CDR MEDIA in CloneCD.

If it you start the game and it keeps asking for disc 2 then:
Go to www.gamecopyworld.com and get a NO-CD patch by MYTH.

If it still asks for disc 2 then you probably have DEVIANCE's release and I think that has

about 5 corrupt sound files so their are 3 solutions.

1. Go to where you got the MYTH nocd patch and get a program called b-loader. Put that in

your GTA3 directory and run that everytime you want to play. But by doing this you will have no sound.

2. Play all the files to find which ones are corrupt(your music player will tell you if their corrupt)and replace them with any working sound files(Just copy a working sound file and rename it to the corrupt one).

3. Goto the GTA3 directory and then the AUDIO folder and their should be 2 files. Forgot which file so just add a .bak to both of them and it will work but without sound.

If the game runs slow then check this thread out(havent tried it out so I don't know what to do with the file he gives you).
***********.gta3forums.com/ib/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d00248a378fffff;act=ST;f=43;t=248 46

If you have a Voodoo 3 and have problems then check these out:
FREEZING ***********.gta3forums.com/ib/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d00248a378fffff;act=ST;f=43;t=240 30
12mb problem(could have this problem with other video cards too) just search www.gta3forums.com and you will find plenty of topics.

If you want to read other problems then try www.gta3forums.com and somewhere on this board is a GTA3 discussion for other questions and solutions.

Sorry mods if this isn't allowed.

Last edited by Brandono; Jun 09, 2002 at 12:37 AM.
Old Jun 09, 2002, 12:41 PM
Veteran

My game froze after ten minutes of time all the time so I did these to fix it"
1. turned AGP 4X off (don't know if this stopped the freezeing but it stopped freezing my Ghost Recon after 5 seconds of play)
2. Underclocked my video card 30mhz down on both clocks
3. Defraged my Computer

Don't know which one actually stopped the freezing but the game actually runs smoother now.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 01:24 PM
Veteran

If you still get freezin after an hour or so then read this:

I had a unexpected error and freezing witin 20 minutes and this is how I fixed all of this.

First I installed the whole game then restarted my computer then once started up I installed the DirectX 8.1 that came on CD1 of GTA3. Then restarted again but now it started to freeze. I have a GeForce 2 Pro so I download NVmax and lowered my video card clocks 30mhz down on both core and memory(you may have to do this everytime you restart your computer). This made it so I can play for more then an hour but still would sometimes freeze after an hour. So then I got these VIA drivers and now my brothers were play for about an hour and a half each and it didn't freeze at all. I also noticed that if you play the game then quit out of it then play it again without restating your computer it will freeze more easily. So I restart my computer everytime after I play it. The links are at the bottom of the page. Let me know if this helped anyone. And I am using the 21.83 drivers and running WinXP Pro.

700mhz AMD Athlon
192mb pc133
10gig and 4 gig HD's
GeForce 2 Pro 32mb
Soyo Mobo
WinXP Pro
old sound blaster 16 sound card

***********.voodoofiles.com/5707
***********.gta3forums.com/ib....t=26288
Old Jun 18, 2002, 06:37 PM
Veteran

If you can't load saved games then get the cracked exe/no cd from MYTH at www.gamecopyworld.com
Old Jul 01, 2002, 01:02 PM
Veteran

If your game is running slow then here are some web sites to patches/files that get rid of sfuff like car exahust, newspaper and leaves flying around the city etc.

Patch gets rid of news papers and leaves etc.
***********.sheepyuk.com/

Change an option
***********.gta3forums.com/ib/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d2086b96defffff;act=ST;f=43;t=334 61

This patch replaces all the radio stations with silence so GTA 3 doesn't load the Radio stations into your memory saving processer usage and memory space.
WHEN I FIND THIS PATCH THEN I WILL POST A LINK