CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Consumer's Opinion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 09, 2002, 12:30 AM

Cool Help needed, which one do I buy ?, PS2 OR XBOX ?

sponsored links

Ok I once owned a ps2 with several backups that was pretty much useless cos I had to wait 4 months for the messiah chip !, I got fairly peeved off and sold it without ever playing it !.
Now Iam going to invest in a console over the summer that I can have chipped so I don't have to pay an overated price of 30 - 40 a game, BUT which one ?.....X BOX or PS2 ....

Calling all users of either or both consoles for their opinion partically on graphics + gameplay, I heard the x box was pretty much dying on it's feet, has it picked up yet, or is the ps2 still the old favourite ?

(Mods i wasn't to sure about this kind of post so Iam sorry if it's not allowed)

Cheers
Frazz
Old Jun 09, 2002, 12:36 AM
Banned

first of all this is in video game back-up = the wrong section and secondly only you can decide.

look at what kind of games you want to play, what games you like and what games are in the shop, and which are to be released, the one with the most games you want go for that one.

easy as that mate.
Old Jun 09, 2002, 01:45 AM
Veteran

Moving this to consumer's opinion.
Old Jun 09, 2002, 06:39 AM
Veteran

i went to www.gamespot.com, and read some reviews about games from both consoles, if i were you, i'd do so as well
Old Jun 09, 2002, 02:00 PM
Veteran

ps2 and xbox are both good systems. it's just depends on what types of games u like. since a lot of games are both come out for xbox and ps2, but xbox has better graphic and more stuff pack in the 200 deal. so i pick up a xbox.

also, a lot of my friends have ps2 already, so i can borrow or swap systems if i want.
Old Jun 09, 2002, 03:09 PM

x-box - got every game the ps2 has (or soon will - apart from GTA3, PES and DMC), x-box has better graphics and will last longer...

my ps2 is gathering dust-while my xbox laughs and screams in joy...