CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #13  
Old Jun 14, 2002, 04:06 PM
snakeman snakeman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 90
Default

sponsored links

 
Um Jammer lammy has a modchip protection,as does parappa the rapper. Copies of spyro 2 Gran Turismo 2, Resident Evil Survivor will not run on Small PSone.
As for known protected games, off the top of my head - Vagrant story, resident evil 3:nemesis, gran turismo 2,spyro 2 + 3 (I Think), Most of the Formula one and FIFA games,....been a while since i "Cracked" a game so i'm a bit distant i'm afraid.
Sheep Dog 'N wolf isn't protected, Dino crisis is protected...
As for Modchips, I've chipped over 150 PSX and not had any problems (I charge 10 just for the record)
The Chip you want is called a PIC12C508, the hex and binary source codes are available online.If you can get access to a Chip programmer you're laughing.
We program our own, fit them, and do games.

Hope some of this has been helpfull, if i remember all the protected games i've cracked then i'll send you a list.
Snakeman
I have a list of Nero settings that i use to do PSX1 games, email me if you'd like a copy

[email]snakeman@pythonworld.freeserve.co.uk[/email]
  #14  
Old Jun 14, 2002, 04:23 PM
RagnarOk 18 RagnarOk 18 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan! GO BLUE!!
Posts: 254
Default

it worked! but does this mean i need a new laser?
  #15  
Old Jun 15, 2002, 09:14 AM
snakeman snakeman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 90
Default

Could well be the laser,
Probably 99% of all the problem playstations we've been asked to look at have had a problem with the laser...basically it's the only moving part in the whole console and prone to going down...being exposed when the lid's opened doesn't help either.
It's worth applying a little cleaning fluid on a cotton bud but be very careful not to scratch lens. Just gently dab some methylated spirit or IPA kind of fluid on then gently dab with a dry bud to remove any smears.
Another trick is to insert the game in and turn the PSX upside down, then power it up. This way the laser is held closer to the disc by gravity and it acts as a simple way to establish if your laser has become weak.

Snakeman
  #16  
Old Jun 15, 2002, 11:15 AM
RagnarOk 18 RagnarOk 18 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan! GO BLUE!!
Posts: 254
Default

what is ipa or methylated spirit? i have disc cleaning fluid...would that work?
  #17  
Old Jun 15, 2002, 02:16 PM
snakeman snakeman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 90
Default

IPA is Iso-Propyl-Alcohol, methylated spirit is...i'm not sure actually.Same sort of thing as White spirit (The Stuff You use to clean Paint brushes)

Yeah, go with the disc cleaning fluid,it may well be based on IPA. Any kind of alcohol or spirit based cleaning fluid should be fine.

snakeman
  #18  
Old Jun 15, 2002, 03:30 PM
celtic_druid celtic_druid is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Melbourne,Vic,Australia
Posts: 15,160
Default

methylated spirits, is a drink best mixed with.... nah, joking, but it is 96% or so ethanol (ie. drinking alcohol) problem is that the other 4% or so is methanol (ie. the kind of alcohol that makes you go blind when you drink it).

Paint brushes, you clean with mineral turpentine.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WORLD MODCHIPS!!! Seller of PS2 & XB Modchips. Check us Out!!! 9Homersimpson9 PS2 Modchip Help & Installation 1 May 31, 2004 12:27 PM
Obvious questions about modchips Cmarr Xbox Modchip Help & Installation 2 Aug 04, 2003 11:24 PM
new xbox's do they have the best cd/dvd drives in them? + lpc question + xbox utilz Q contactmat Video Game Backup - Xbox 2 May 04, 2003 09:17 AM
GTA3 question and codebreaker question? smackme Video Game Backup - PS2 1 Aug 07, 2002 05:09 PM
Question about modchips RagnarOk 18 Legacy Game Backup 4 Jul 16, 2002 07:32 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1996-2009 CDROM-Guide.com. All rights reserved