CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 12, 2002, 10:17 AM

Default How burning XBOX-DVDs WITH A MAC G4?

sponsored links

Hi!
Iīd really like to know how to burn some XBOX-DVDs but I donīt know if I TOAST 5 can be used for it or not...I really hope so...
How can thes games be burnt Mode1/2048, I donīt know where to activate that option...
And has anyone tried APPLE DVDRs? Did they work?

Could someone please be so kind and give me a step by step instruction how to burn them with TOAST 5 so that they will work?
Many thanks in advance!
Greetings
Bertsche

Last edited by bertsche; Jun 12, 2002 at 10:25 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 11:56 AM

Hey - I just bought toast 5 cause my buddy has an IMAC and we are gonna use the superdrive to burn backups. I have only been using the program for about 2 hours now, and am still waiting for the chip to be install (tonight hopefully!!) but I have burned an ISO of DOA3 in anticipation. I used Toast 5 to burn it to a DVD-R and a CD-RW to see if either works... I will let you know. I saw no option for mode1/2048 in Toast. I used the CD IMAGE option, then selected the ISO file from the browse window. The one thing I did notice was that the program put 2 files on the DVD w/ the ISO image - one called DESKTOP.xxx - i dont remember the extension, and another file I can't recall... Let me know if you see the same thing.
BWT - I use Nero 5.5 all the time and while there is an option for Mode 1 under the ISO tab, there is no 2048 option that I have ever found...
Old Jun 12, 2002, 12:37 PM

Hope it works!
As I donīt know any other Burning-Prog for Mac I fear Toast is the only option...
Please keep me informed...Iīll make a test burn tomorrow but as I donīt have the Chip yet I canīt verify if it works or not...
Till then
Greetings
Bertsche
Old Jun 12, 2002, 04:40 PM

I know this is about an Xbox image, however I'm going to move this to the MAC forum. They should be able to tell you how to burn an .iso image in Mode1/2048 using Toast better than we can.

[img]***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/imgs/jams.gif[/img]
Old Jun 12, 2002, 07:45 PM
Veteran

Right now you cant burn the games they are on dual layered DVD's but some people have made images.

if they are in iso format for the pc you can convert them
you can use Maclink plus
and change
Type to: Iimg (should orginally be text)
and
Creator to : CDr3 (should orginally be dosa)

once you have converted to this then toast will recognize it
Old Jun 13, 2002, 08:20 AM

@ PS2daddy - ?? iso format for the PC?? As far as I know all of the Xbox game images are in ISO format for the Xbox. Neither a PC or a MAC will recognize them once on the CD or DVD. I burned to a CDRW using the DISK IMAGE option in Toast 5 and it works just fine. The DVD I made didnt work and I'm wondering if I did something wrong. I wonder is you can select the DISK IMAGE option with a DVD-R in the drive instead of a CD?...