CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 13, 2002, 08:37 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by sagito [/i]
[B]@ PS2daddy - ?? iso format for the PC?? As far as I know all of the Xbox game images are in ISO format for the Xbox. Neither a PC or a MAC will recognize them once on the CD or DVD. I burned to a CDRW using the DISK IMAGE option in Toast 5 and it works just fine. The DVD I made didnt work and I'm wondering if I did something wrong. I wonder is you can select the DISK IMAGE option with a DVD-R in the drive instead of a CD?... [/B]

Have you tried opening the (backed up copies) in astarte for the mac it will work.

You are talking about downloaded images of the net right?
(As of right now this is the only way you can get the games the group that released the images havent told other people how to do this yet)

The actual games cant be be copied correctly on a mac or pc using a standard cd copy program either for the mac or PC.

The must be ripped the audio downsampled cut scenes eliminated and the structure must be reoganized and you must bypasss certain checks

The iso standard is a internationaly recognized as a cd format that is standard.

Look here
***********.pyramind.com/services/iso9660.html

if its not of this format then its not an iso
but to burn the image they need to the correct header mac and pc iso have different headers older versions of toast cant read pc isos you have to convert them

There is not such thing as an x-box iso format

They use a PC program to make x-box game images (those that are skilled enough to know how to do this)

Yes I make disk images to burn dvd-rs using my instructions from the very first post in this thread but the x-box games are dual layered dvd's so it wont work. (Unless you are making a copy of an image of a DVD-R x-box backup game that is not an original, I havent even seen any DVD images of any x-box games yet)

I hope that gives you more info

Do you have an X-box chip?

I will be making them soon if anyone is interested.

Last edited by ps2daddy; Jun 13, 2002 at 09:12 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 09:16 AM

@ps2daddy - thanks for the info! I am a little confused on your explanation of the procedure though: Using toast 5 - I selected CD IMAGE from the dropdown list, I then selected the DOA3CD.ISO file from the browser window and clicked OPEN. I then burn to CDRW at 2x. It works fine except a litle skipping in the FMV and long load times. BUT When I selected DVD from the dropdown menu and opened the DOA3CD.ISO file in the browser and burned to DVD-R, it didn't work. I was wondering if you can select the DISK IMAGE option even though you would have a blank DVD-R in the drive instead of a CD-R or RW... Also - are you saying that you have come across some releases that are ISO that Toast 5 doesn't recognize as a valid disk image? I have not seen any yet... Again, thanks for all the great info!! :-)
Old Jun 13, 2002, 09:23 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by sagito [/i]
[B]@ps2daddy - thanks for the info! I am a little confused on your explanation of the procedure though: Using toast 5 - I selected CD IMAGE from the dropdown list, I then selected the DOA3CD.ISO file from the browser window and clicked OPEN. I then burn to CDRW at 2x. It works fine except a litle skipping in the FMV and long load times. BUT When I selected DVD from the dropdown menu and opened the DOA3CD.ISO file in the browser and burned to DVD-R, it didn't work. I was wondering if you can select the DISK IMAGE option even though you would have a blank DVD-R in the drive instead of a CD-R or RW... Also - are you saying that you have come across some releases that are ISO that Toast 5 doesn't recognize as a valid disk image? I have not seen any yet... Again, thanks for all the great info!! :-) [/B]
That iso image is for a cd you cant make it work for a dvd.

Older versions of toast wont read pc isos

You have to find a dvd image to make a dvd-r game a cd image will not write in the correct format on a dvd-r
Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:47 AM

Hi...just burned a CD-Rip on a CDRW and a DVD-game on a DVD-R...burning process worked fine (with Toast 5)...Toast recognizes the iso-format of these images and it seems that it burns them in Mode 1/2048 as it should...
no error Messages at all...but I can´t check it unless I have the Chip....
Any comments about this?
Greetings
bertsche
Old Jun 13, 2002, 11:32 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by bertsche [/i]
[B]Hi...just burned a CD-Rip on a CDRW and a DVD-game on a DVD-R...burning process worked fine (with Toast 5)...Toast recognizes the iso-format of these images and it seems that it burns them in Mode 1/2048 as it should...
no error Messages at all...but I can´t check it unless I have the Chip....
Any comments about this?
Greetings
bertsche [/B]
Nope I thought it would work just fine
Toast 5 works well I like it it also burns the .bin file PS2 downloads that are for the PC too

I will be making them in about 3 weeks if you would like to purchase one from me
Old Jun 13, 2002, 12:17 PM

Got to check these images - i´m really curious if they will work...
By the way, do you also know how to convert a game, split into 3 *.gi files so that they will work on Toast?
(also see my post at ***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119993)
Thanks for the help!
Greetings
Bert