CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 12, 2002, 10:35 PM

sponsored links

Bottom line get a firewall!!!!!!!!cant stress that enough
Old Jun 13, 2002, 03:44 AM
suspended

Moving to Computer Security..........

As above though, get a firewall installed PDQ!!! Then tackle the trojan problem m8. Once the firewall is installed (I cannot recomend Sygate highly enough, get it from www.sygate.com ) it will let you know of ANY programme on your system that is trying to access the net, you can then block this.

HTH
Old Jun 13, 2002, 06:54 AM
Veteran

m8, if you have been receiving file from him, that would be the most answer to you problem, there is some hacking programs like netbus and back oriffice which give a remote control to other users once you run the trojan in your PC, which will open the door to others to control your PC over the net, you can get a remover or do what Lazza suggested above.

If you need any further help, drop me an email.

Regards
Old Jun 13, 2002, 12:06 PM
Banned

well if i was you m8 id take the advice given m8 and also dont keep any personal details id credit card and home address etc etc , you can never be to safe
Old Jun 13, 2002, 07:00 PM
Veteran

What is the trojan you are infected with? I would of thought it would be ok to ignore the alarm, the change should be your trojan scanner has edited the trojan i.e renamed or something rather than removing to make it safe. So youll probably have to manually remove or download a removal tool to completely remove it from your machine. Let us know what the trojan is and i will be able to offer more advice.
Old Jun 14, 2002, 05:19 AM

sounds to me like you have been infected by sub7, if so goto this website here: ***********.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/5077/new/sub7guide/

bottom line is you have been a little foolish to accept filesfrom peeps you dont know without scanning it first, get yourself a copy of norton as well as this will scan your machine while you are working on it and will scan incomming files as you download them.

you should also get the cleaner from here: ***********.moosoft.com/
and a fire wall from here : www.zonealarm.com

that will keep a check on your machine for trogans and also remove any that you have in there already although to be totally safe you should really reformat and start again (then add these 2 progs to your machine)

mail me if you need any more info + change all your passwords asap (although not while you are still infected, lol)