CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 19, 2002, 04:49 AM

Default Getting a lot of this

sponsored links

Hi all,

heres a snippet from CD Freaks forum with a solution to the PIO problem just in case...

"quote"

hello cockney kid......my ltd163 sometimes goes into PIO mode if I put a disc in thats either dirty or for some reason not playable immediately by the dvd drive...it tries to access these disc's for a few minutes then I know its gone into PIO mode because my mouse pionter becomes 'jerky'....the way to correct this is to go into 'device manager' (right click on my computer then go to properties-hardware.- device manager..then look for ata-atapi controllers in the list, click the plus sign and choose the channel your dive is on "primary or secondary"..then right click on channel and choose uninstall...ignore any warnings win xp gives and simply reboot .....it will re-detect your drive on bootup and ask you to reboot one further time after that...it should then have changed to udma2..(ata33)........any problems get in touch.........................davros

or go here to the original post: ********club.cdfreaks.com/showthread...hlight=PIO+mode

this will work

best regards Lee
Old Oct 19, 2002, 02:08 PM
Veteran

Thanks so much for the help peeps!

My DVD-ROM/CD-RW have been stuck in stupid PIO mode for some time now, and I never had the courae to uninstall my secondary IDE channel beofre (I am paranoid about messing around with my hardware). Thanks to all your support my drives are back to Multi-Word DMA 2! Thansk sooo much!
Old Oct 21, 2002, 05:10 PM
Veteran

reboot into the bios setup and make sure your IDE's (primary and secondary master and slave) are set to auto. Mine was set to off and it forced it into PIO mode. Very common problem in factory built machines.