CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Data Protection/Compression
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 25, 2002, 07:38 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Question psx boot cd

sponsored links

i have got a disk called psx change version 2 disk for playing copy games with out a chip in your psx.
is it possible to copy this boot disk?
if so what program would i need to copy it i have tryed clone and niro and it will not work
my new email is [email]ukpaul23@aol.com[/email]

Old Jan 25, 2002, 05:42 PM

try using nti cd-maker'file cd version 1.0
i use it all the time m8 it sems to copy every file &
resets them on copyed cd
Old Jan 25, 2002, 06:07 PM

I don't think you can! If you try to copy it you won't get the actual boot files. That's why u need the boot disk or mod chip in your playstation, because when you copy a game you don't get those boot files (country code)
Old Jan 25, 2002, 06:13 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by MonkeymitE [/i]
[B]I don't think you can! If you try to copy it you won't get the actual boot files. That's why u need the boot disk or mod chip in your playstation, because when you copy a game you don't get those boot files (country code) [/B]
MonkeymitE is ritE.............

If you could successfully copy the boot sector, then you would not need the psx change in the first place!!!!!!! cos your backups would boot............
Old Jan 25, 2002, 06:17 PM

It is possible though but it would take you months to do the programming, it's possible to make PSX game copys to boot too but samething. I had seen a tutorial on it a while back but for all the trouble it is just not worth it!