CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 22, 2002, 05:49 PM

sponsored links

I posted a thread on my results to this and no one seems to understand what im talking aboiut so i will say it here.

I burned a music cdr and played it on my xbox and it played fine so i would assume that when i get my xbox modded that i could use the same brand cdr's with games since the xbox reads that brand with music, but when i burned an xbox game to test it out i got the disk is dirty message, so whats wrong?
Old Jun 22, 2002, 10:39 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by socrates75 [/i]
[B]I posted a thread on my results to this and no one seems to understand what im talking aboiut so i will say it here.

I burned a music cdr and played it on my xbox and it played fine so i would assume that when i get my xbox modded that i could use the same brand cdr's with games since the xbox reads that brand with music, but when i burned an xbox game to test it out i got the disk is dirty message, so whats wrong? [/B]
That IS strange...
Old Jun 22, 2002, 10:46 PM

Maybe games are more taxing on the drive. like, music is read at 1x.. and games at 4x .. tell ya the truth i have no clue what games would be read at.. but you would think the faster the disc needs to be read the more errors it will get on lesser quality discs.. like "Dirty Disc"
Old Jun 23, 2002, 07:21 AM

Npz guys, glad to help out!, i see like 600 views! please reply if using peoples advice, it takes literally 2 secs!

ciao! & BuMp !
Old Jun 24, 2002, 03:47 AM

lol, happy birthday KAtz
Old Jun 24, 2002, 12:06 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by socrates75 [/i]
[B]I posted a thread on my results to this and no one seems to understand what im talking aboiut so i will say it here.

I burned a music cdr and played it on my xbox and it played fine so i would assume that when i get my xbox modded that i could use the same brand cdr's with games since the xbox reads that brand with music, but when i burned an xbox game to test it out i got the disk is dirty message, so whats wrong? [/B]
To REALLY test it out, you burn music on a cdrw like you did, and if it plays ok on the music player, try to COPY ALL (musictracks) to your XBOX

if it does that correct and quickly, then you have a quality cdrw/xboxdvddrive.

music burned on a hp cdrw (came with my 2year old 8Xcdwriter) played fine, but when i tryed to copy the musictrax to the harddisc, it took like half an hour to copy 1 track.......