CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 16, 2002, 05:44 AM
Veteran

Default Copying Rar files On A Cd For Back Problems

sponsored links

I am wanting to save me rar files on cd's so then i have more room on me hard drive. When the files are on the pc i can extract them to an iso and they work fine. When i copy them on a cd and then copy them back on to the pc and extract them they dont work. Why is this happening. I get an error message from Winrar saying mismatched files or somet when clearly they worked before.

Cheers
Old Jun 16, 2002, 02:10 PM

Are you getting CRC mismatch errors? If so then your RAR files got corrupted either in the burn process or when copying from the CD back to the hard drive. If you still have the SFV you can check them to see which files are corrupt. If you do have corrupt files the only way to fix them would be to either replace them or use PAR files to restore them.

[img]***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/imgs/jams.gif[/img]
Old Jun 16, 2002, 03:22 PM
Veteran

Yes that is what i am getting but why does it work fine on the pc but when copied to the cd and then transfered back then it dont work. They arnt getting copied well but why. There is nothing wrong with my writer lol

Cheers for the help
Old Jun 16, 2002, 03:39 PM
Veteran

i have just got SFV Checker v1.05 and have cheked the files by draging them into the program and the program has cheked them and they are all ok. So what is happening lol

Cheers

ps, do i need to check only the files then nothing like the nfo or owt
Old Jun 16, 2002, 05:10 PM

if your getting a crc error and thats all, use winace. i use it all the time with crc errors. it will still extract the file but at the end will say, crc errors occured, would you like to delete your file. i always hit no and burn. havent had any problems with the games i've done this with. this is just my suggestion though, will not be held responsible if a game freezes while your playing or something
Old Jun 16, 2002, 08:26 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Game Master [/i]
[B]if your getting a crc error and thats all, use winace. i use it all the time with crc errors. it will still extract the file but at the end will say, crc errors occured, would you like to delete your file. i always hit no and burn. havent had any problems with the games i've done this with. this is just my suggestion though, will not be held responsible if a game freezes while your playing or something [/B]
me too

9/10 crc errors seem to boot for me, btw iv only tried this with the ps2, never had any crc errors with xbox games!