CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 09, 2002, 09:14 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

i took all the spyware out off kazza and mine works fine..
maybe i did create dummy files tho..
thx for the update
Old Jul 10, 2002, 06:46 AM

Adaware will detect the file cd_clint.dll which the cydoor spyware used in Kazaa. You can set Adaware to ignore, which is useless option because then it will perform it's function. Use KazaaLite which spyware free - it uses a dummy file, also named cd_clint.dll, which is detected by Adaware, but if you set this to be ignored, because it is a dummy file, it wont go dialing home. You might want to try and download the dummy file and put it in to the \windows\system folder - that is if you need to run Kazaa and not the lite version.
Available here ********boards.cexx.org/spytech/messages/106.html