CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 25, 2002, 02:53 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by MacInAction [/i]
[B]blah blah PeeC blah blah WinDoze blah blah PeeC ...

(insert outdated experience with a Win98 P3 system)

blah blah PeeC blah blah WinDoze PeeC blah blah blah ...[/B]
Again - please wait for real response after classes.

- M4H
Old Jul 29, 2002, 10:20 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by MacDude [/i]
[B]Hey nan

Bet i still keeps crashing all the time like ALL pc's? [/B]
what was that? something about badass triple monitor support for jedi knight 2 jedi outcast. what? they don't even have it for mac. huh? i can't hear you, the audigy and bose won't stop.

i know you n----- can't belive that, can't wait to see you n------ face when you see that. bling bling
Old Aug 07, 2002, 04:01 AM
Veteran

Actually, JK2 is out for Mac. Too bad it runs like crap on those pitiful MX/Radeon cards, unless you paid the ridiculous Apple BTO option for the the gF4 Ti. Oh, and it only runs on one monitor.

The triplehead gaming was a major temptation to get the Parhelia, but I stopped myself. :P

Crashing ... let's see ... last BSOD on my XP Pro box .. umm .. never.
Last unrecoverable app crash that took down the whole system? Also never.
Last app that decided to take a dive-bomb? IE6 - and it cheerfully came right back without blowing up anything else.

*listens for the stupid "Eep" or "Quack" from a nearby dying Mac*

- M4H
Old Aug 07, 2002, 10:48 AM
Veteran

lol at this

maybe its cos i dont play games much i like macs
Ill be honest, theres no argument, if u wanna play good games u NEED a pc.
Otherwise as sum1 said, everything that can be dont on a PC can be done on a mac, better!
Old Aug 10, 2002, 07:46 AM

Default macs hold their value better than pc's

have a look at ebay, macs keep their price. There are less compatability issues. No need for endless pc upgrades. The price is reasonable for the emac. It makes far less noise and the new os is a joy. You don't need a gillion software titles all the good ones are on the mac. I use a pc but my new e-mac which cost less than a grand is sweet.
Old Aug 19, 2002, 10:24 AM

well i used to love pc's have always been a pc user, my brother became a grahpic designer and started going on about how much bettwer they were than pc's, i was having none of it! as i had only ever used a pc and couldnt get used to Mac's as i didnt like change form windows..

after now becoming a grahpic designer and typesetter for 3 motnhs i am totally coverted!

i have just built a new PC and thats what i will stay with at home cause i have used them for years. done IT at college.. and can build em, and most of the stuff i do at home is done with softare for the PC but at work i do like me G4 with one of thos 17" flat screens1 (only used ti for 3 months, dunno the lingo yet )

the only downside is upgrading.. but they do look much much better1 even next to my coolermaster 210 -blue fronted case!!

irl be PC till the day i die but Mac rocks!

ps. my brother now rips it out of me as i said i would never like em!