CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 27, 2002, 05:33 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by nan [/i]
[B], and he represents for all the ganstas all across the world [/B]
Ahah and I suppose your one of them ?
Old Aug 27, 2002, 06:33 PM
Veteran

hiya all,

nan mate, i have a similar pc to you, built by me etc, but i do have to say i am selling it to buy a G4

i have allways worked on PC's, Ive built them and I know my way round windows better than any PC world salesman, LOL (not saying much)

but tbh, a good speedy mac kicks a PC's arse in my opinion, just a general smoother feel. I dont play games so that might have somthing to do with it, but I am a Technical Illustration student and all software runs so much better, I.E (Adobe, Macromedia, Lightwave,) etc etc

i cant wait for my shinny new Mac, I doubt I will get another PC after either,
Old Sep 09, 2002, 10:28 PM
Veteran

Im another convert, I have used PCs for as long as i remember and i only recently saw the light. Now you Mac users dont start with the "i told ya so" or whatever its not because it doesnt crash as often as PCs. I started using it because of its nice menus, they are very simple. PC users should give Macs a chance because they rarely crash and its a pretty simple to use for beginners. Oh yeah the powerbook rocks!!!
Old Sep 11, 2002, 01:18 AM

Simplicity is the key. Even if the Mac were much slower that a PC, I'd still use it because it's so easy to manage. Some of the tech fixes I see for PCs make me cringe because of the fact that it may require quite a bit of experience to make it work properly.
Old Sep 15, 2002, 06:55 PM

everyone who uses a mac usually says they like them more fair enough>
but at the end of the day they are limited in as such as the endless possibilities as a pc .pc's are much more commercially available compared to mac which is an argument on it own wether its a good or a bad thing but you cant argue with me on this fundamental point that the pc really rules the show ,on the strength of shear volume. i myself own both a mac and a pc
and always end up on my pc doing the easier things like using downloaded internet software
burning cds
playing svcds
not saying that a mac cant do this but just twice the hasssle getting the right programs
at the end of the day its about ease of use if somthing suits you better then use it .but dont get stuck in the old argument wots the best computer pc or mac my answer personally is P.C if i had to choose this is because of the red-ally avaliable products and support for pc users, but also like my mac for adobe and stuff

thats all stu
Old Sep 16, 2002, 01:39 AM
Veteran

It all comes down to what u need a computer for! That will determine which one is best suited for your needs & will do the most for u!
The most annoying thing to us Mac users is the PC users saying they don't like Macs- They r useless.....they suck......blah, blah, blah...., but have never tried one!

If u want to get picky - Doesn't PC stand for "personal computer" & isn't that what a Mac is also?

I have both platforms. I can see benefits from both. The ideal comp would be for the 2 get together & make one! -we would have the best of both worlds in one comp!
My 2yr old G4/450 is about the same in speed as my new PC that I had custom built. From what the PC peeps say about Macs being slow- I was not impressed w/ the speed of my new pc over my Mac.
AMD XP 1.8
MSI kt333 pro w/raid
512mb ddr
GF3 TI200-DV128
WD 120 GB 7200 8MB CACHE
floppy
250mg ZIP
dvd
cd-rw