CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 16, 2002, 09:20 PM

sponsored links

To me longevity is the key with Macs.
Old Sep 24, 2002, 11:17 AM

point of this topic is?

yoshi
Old Mar 04, 2003, 06:58 PM
Veteran

heh, just reading through this old post, thought it was worth reviving!

take a look at the new 17" powerbook, wow
Old Mar 29, 2003, 07:00 PM
Veteran

Mac? Apple?

Their still in business???

...haha...j/p

I really never liked macs even though my very very first computer was a Mac. Don't know why people say they are easy to you. They don't provide enough flexibility and options as PCs do. Everything can only be done one way in Macs while in PCs there are many ways to do the same thing. I think the lack of software and hardware for Macs is why many people do not like them.

Remember those Mac commericals on tv? Talk about them trying to bag on PCs. If you listen to what they are really trying to say, they are pretty much contradicting themselves and providing false info about PCs.
Old Apr 01, 2003, 06:19 AM
Veteran

Well my m8 has a MAC that cost twice as much as my PC and is twice as slow! Thats everything too, I'm not a gamer but do like speed for MP3 and as I have about 80Gb.

Yes they look good, yes they are cool but they are too slow. He was showing me Adobe Photoshop and I thought wow this is great. I installed Adobe on my PC and its much faster!! So whats the point?

Bad points I noticed:

He can't play DVDRs.

You have to get special software for everything which is a big pain in the arse!

His broadband is slower than his PC.

You can not add any more drives e.g. DVD/CD Writer.

His mouse is not shaped at all.

No floppy, fair enough hardly anyone uses them now but I still use Floppy disks for my uni stuff.

For me speed is they key aswell as a BIG HDD. He has neither and if I was to spend 800 on a home built system I am sure it would beat all the competition including MACs.

If you want something different other than Windows (and we can all see why) then run Linux on a PC to see how you get on. I am planning to do this. It is much faster than a MAC. I am not knocking MACS at all. They look really cool but that isn't enough for me. I like speed plain and simple.

I want to be able to open my PC and upgrade which more and more people are doing. I want to know everything about each component in my system .

ALSO AND PROB MOST IMPORTANT most of the points of why PCs are not as good as MACs are nothing to do with the hardware at all but more to do with the OS i.e. Windows. Lets just see where the new generation of Operating Systems takes us.

The way I look at it is if you were gonna buy some Hi-Fi seperates. Do you go for the poor looks but amazing sound or do you go for the amazing looks but poor sound. For me it would be the sound. For others the looks.

Last edited by Gold_Disk; Apr 01, 2003 at 07:38 AM.