CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 27, 2002, 02:25 AM

sponsored links

There a lot of good RPG in Snes. Chrono Trigger is the top of them
Old Jun 27, 2002, 03:19 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Dark Sol [/i]
[B]Are you serious, snes was the best system ever made, it had classics such as final fantasy 3, i don't see any six year olds playing final fantasy, who cares if it has some kiddy games, snes was the system that made videogames what they are today, this emulator is going to be the greatest, i can't wait 'till this comes out!!! [/B]
Am I serioues? that doesn't really matter, what matters is that Nintendo IS serious, I quote:

"Seeking Younger Audience

Nintendo is relying on a younger audience that it hopes will want to stay away from online games, which it claims are less compelling.

"The GameCube is likely to keep attracting the young audience, Nintendo's core loyal fan, as the company focuses on games," Hirokazu Hammamura, editor of a Japanese video game magazine called Weekly Famitsu, told the Reuters news agency. "

It's just their strategy to claim a piece of the market, they'll never beat Sony so they go for another piece of the pie.

C'mon no online gaming?? I wouldn't get that machine if they paid me for it.
Old Jun 27, 2002, 08:02 AM
Veteran

I don't see how you can say Nintendo make kiddy games/consoles. Look at the likes of Goldeneye, Pefect Dark, Castlevania, and in my opinion, I wouldn't really say Zelda games were for kids either, since they require a bit of brain power to solve puzzles. And as was mentioned earlier, all the RPGs that it had - Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger etc. I'm really looking forward to this emulator, since I despise playing SNES games on my PC. Oh, and if you really wanna be picky, Mario 3 wasn't just on NES, it was on SNES too, in the form of Super Mario All Stars.

crazyguy
Old Jun 27, 2002, 08:16 AM

Again, Nintendo says it themselves, I can't help that.
Just compare the Nintendo commercials against those from sony, big difference!
Pikmin against GT3? If i watched those commercials it wouldn't be so hard to make a choice.
Old Jun 27, 2002, 09:38 AM

Nintendo is one of the greatest names. Sony stole their pie back in what '95??? Sony has the money to kill nintendo, so nintendo moved on. pre '95 or '96, nintendo made some of the greatest games. As they still make them, like RESIDENT EVIL, and such, i dont think little children should be playing those.. There are others too... Should i make fun of sony? Sony made Fantavision, and Crash Bandacoot!! No i dont make fun of sony for that... Nintendo spreads out the maturity of its games... Sony focuses on the older people. Its all supply and demand :-D
Old Jun 27, 2002, 09:42 AM

yes it is, that's what I've been saying all along.

It's really hard to get a piece of the action and Nintendo has claimed their niche. Simple as that.