CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 23, 2002, 07:25 AM
Veteran

Cool (some cd-rs work but not recommened). WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN??

sponsored links

I'm getting very VERY annoyed by this text. Everyone is using it. Chip makers, moddes even newbies. The thing that buggz me is the comment "not recommanded": what the hell do u guys mean by that? As I know so far every xbox will run somebrand o cd-r. NOW, THIS MEANS THAT THE BRANDS THAT'LL RUN, WILL WORK FINE. So what the heck is the point when people say not recommanded?? I see many of u using that comment, I hope one of u can post a reply !!
Old Jun 23, 2002, 10:47 AM

Dude you need to take a chill pill and calm down.
xbox games on cd-r's are ripped which means not the full game also cd-r's are slower when the run on the x-box
Dvd-r games are the full game and are faster like orginals period.

Old Jun 23, 2002, 11:36 AM
Veteran

Yep i agree, another point to add is that sometimes CDR and even CD-RW will get to a loading point in a game and just stop, never go any further, load it up again and it will work fine, not recommended refers to the CDR/RW being unpredictable and sometimes unstable. Also a point to note, FMV is jerky when an image is burned on CDR/RW but when the same image is burned to DVD-R it works perfect, no jerks, no nothing, this should clear it up for you.

Peace

Cal_G
Old Jun 23, 2002, 11:58 AM
Veteran

xbox isn't meant to read cdrs......doesn't mean it won't, but its not in the system specs for it to do so. no ones xbox & computer & cds & writer are the same so who knows what works for you?

loads of topics on this.
Old Jun 23, 2002, 02:19 PM
Veteran

custom, I don't think that's entirely correct. From what I understand, some games are so small they will fit on cdr and they do not have anything ripped or downsampled. I know Simpson's Road Rage is only about 400MB.
Old Jun 23, 2002, 02:35 PM
Veteran

yeap some games are small enough not to have anything ripped out,but dvdr is still recommended for playback as the dvdr acts excatly the same as a games disc in loading speed where a cdrw does not....