CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 25, 2002, 11:27 PM

Cool whooohooo i copyied my first dvd using the newbie guide!!!!!!!

sponsored links

hooray just installed the pioneer a03 and copyied fast and the furious the funny thing is it was 8 gig but i managed to get it down TO A WHOPING 4 GIGS so ripping ne movie is POSSIBLE which is fuc'kin awesome the only problem is i gave fast and furious 5 chapters i used that spruce up proggie from the newbie guide and created a icon for the chapter selection and nuttin showed up but i can skip to all 5 chapters so now i wanna know is how can u create a title screen with spruce up and have a backround picture with a play button and seperate chapter buttons i at least want it to have a cool picture for startup if i gotta make sacrifices of ripping stuff out .....so the question is can spruce up do that and is there a step by step guide on how to do it or can someone help me out thanks and dont give up on ripping NETHING IS POSSIBLE
Old Jan 25, 2002, 11:43 PM

Congradulations!!!
I just ordered my Pioneer A03 today, can't wait to get started. Hope I have sucess like you did. I saw the step-by-step instructions for the background, buttons and stuff somewhere. I'll look around for it and get back to you eith the url. I'm trying to read everything I can about all this and sometimes it all runs together so I forgot exactly where I saw it, but I'll find it.
DCDude
Old Jan 26, 2002, 10:13 AM

just out of interest how long did it take start to finish
Old Jan 26, 2002, 10:51 AM
Veteran

I did Fast and Furious also (obviously since that is what I was doing when I made the guide) and it takes about 2 - 3 hours for the whole thing, but most of the time your not actually DOING anything but waiting.

If I understand you correctly you want to make a chapter selection screen right? That is a feature on spruceup. Where clip properties where you make chapters there are other buttons. If you highlight them it tells you what each one does. One of them will let you make pictures that link to the chapter. I haven't done it yet myself, but I assume what you have to do after that is actually right click on the picture and link it to the actual chapter that you are associating the picture with.

As far as kick *** backgrounds I got the one in my guide from the actual DVD. It had pictures on it so I just chose one. If you use MyDVD or DVDit you can use animated backgrounds and stuff.
Old Jan 27, 2002, 06:55 AM

hi here is a good guid for the spruce up that you could use ***********.vcdhelp.com/spruceup.htm