CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Jul 03, 2002, 02:51 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Hi Spick, what do you want to do? keep 2000 pro or go back to win 98??

if you wanna go back to Win98 then your going to have to do as Zedy has suggested, pop in the win98 boot floppy disk start your pc up and let the floppy boot the pc. At the dos prompt A:\ type in FDISK when the command has run you will be left with a number of options, one of which will be to delete the primary partition (assuming you only have one) your going to have to do this, then your going to have to recreate the primary partition, again this will be an option, once youve done that you need to exit the programme back to the dos prompt and then format the newly created partition, once thats done you can reinstall Win 98 and all the necessary drivers and programmes to get your PC back to spec...

for the future........

A very useful programme to have in your tool kit is Norton Ghost, when used with a burner, you can set up a pc as new with all the basic programmes and favourite bits, then image this to CD's. Then if ever your PC messes up big style in the future, you can slip the disks in the CD drive copy the image back to HDisk and in about 15 mins you have a new installation ready to go. HTH
Old Jul 03, 2002, 10:06 PM

for sure i want to go back to my win98 so ill follow wat u said. but the floppy u said is that the boot up disk i have to make by myself or the system recovery cd that came with the pc. or yea if its the boot up disk i have to make then can anyone tell me where i can make that boot up disk as i had just install win2000 and i cant find it anywhere.

oh yea and then recreate partition. if i do that does that mean i recreate what i just delete or i just create a new partition

Last edited by spick; Jul 03, 2002 at 10:09 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2002, 09:22 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by spick [/i]
[B]for sure i want to go back to my win98 so ill follow wat u said. but the floppy u said is that the boot up disk i have to make by myself or the system recovery cd that came with the pc. or yea if its the boot up disk i have to make then can anyone tell me where i can make that boot up disk as i had just install win2000 and i cant find it anywhere.

oh yea and then recreate partition. if i do that does that mean i recreate what i just delete or i just create a new partition [/B]
You will need a win98bootdisk, download from this site if u havent got one and then pop in a floppy and run the program u have downloaded and it will automatically create a bootdisk for you, if not and u have a m8 with win 98 get him to create one for u through add remove programs, start up disk
***********.drd.dyndns.org/index2.html
Old Jul 04, 2002, 02:25 PM
Veteran

Hi Spick to answer your question.. the answer is the same yes..

you will delete a partition and then recreate a new one

you will recreate what you just deleted

Only it will be clean and ready to accept a new Operating system (OS) after the "new" partition has been formatted
Old Jul 04, 2002, 04:31 PM

thx guys ill try that tonight.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 02:21 AM

Default Data Recovery

Data Recovery Software recovermyfiles.com helps you to recover missing or deleted files from windows recycle bin.
Closed Thread