CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 03, 2002, 05:09 PM

Unhappy PC Bombed Out. Very Important Email Searching.Please Help

sponsored links

Hi Everyone.

My computer ran into a few technical problems which forced me to delete windows and start again. On my new copy I lost all my important mail (its worth money!!) So I desperatly need to find this new mail. I have quite a good recovery program so I just need to know the things I must dig up from the grave to get my mail

Thanks!

Rikkelz

Old Jul 03, 2002, 06:18 PM
Veteran

So what is the question then, we know you lost your data and you have the software to recover it.........................then..............????

Regards
Old Jul 03, 2002, 06:24 PM

I need to know what files to undelete in order to get all my email back and where to find those files.

Thanks

Rikkelz
Old Jul 03, 2002, 07:07 PM

go on a computer with the same email software and go to Find -> files and folders.

type in :
*.idx
*.mbx
inbox
outbox
*.wab
note down the folders these files are in , then on your pc find those folders and make a copy of them. then simply transplant those files into the same location on your current setup.
Old Jul 05, 2002, 04:00 PM

Thanks!

If it works you saved me quite a bit of money!

Rikkelz