CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 03, 2002, 08:44 PM
Banned

Unhappy 56k internet won't works after installing AOL FREE Trial

sponsored links

I have a 56k modem and im using AT&T internet, but then i installed AOL FREE TRIAL INTERNET.

well, all I did was just logged on for just once and it's only 5 min. for the AOL internet.

But after that, I uninstalled AOL and try to log on to my regular internet which is AT&T but it won't let me go to any websites. Well, I can dial up to its networks plus i have logged on to it network too, and the connected status is also on my taskbar, but it's not flashing. I open internet explorer but it always go to that error windows, like page not found and stuff like that.

It didn't even try to load the page, when i open up internet explorer is just sent me right to that page.

and i can't sign in to my msn messenger either!

well, it does log on to the networks, but it just won't loading to any websites!!!

what can i do now???

I thinks it is becuz i installed the AOL FREE TRIAL internet, but i have already uninstalled it, why does my AT&T internet still won't works. I have try the netzero internet too, but it say PRM: error somethings, i forgot.

I bet it was that AOL thingy.

what can i do now, can anyone please help me!!!
Old Jul 03, 2002, 08:54 PM
Veteran

check your modem for the rite settings as AOL changed my modem settings awhile back. also check your proxy?
Old Jul 03, 2002, 08:56 PM
Banned

what is a proxy, and how do i check it???