CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 08, 2002, 08:03 PM

sponsored links

Silly question
Old Aug 08, 2002, 08:05 PM

Dreamcast 2? No.

Sega coming back to the console market? Well I highly doubt the Dreamcast is the last Sega console that we will ever see & play.
Old Aug 09, 2002, 12:34 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by its_Big [/i]
[B]Dreamcast 2? No.

Sega coming back to the console market? Well I highly doubt the Dreamcast is the last Sega console that we will ever see & play. [/B]
I'd definitely like to see another Sega console but I don't think I can agree with you there...I think Sega's finding out what Nintendo just seems to be discovering...let the other guys invest the millions of dollars it takes to R&D these consoles and just stick to what they do best...make great games. Just think of all the classics Sega has released over the past 2 decades and look where they are financially...it's a long trip for them back to the black and I can't imagine a console is even a fart in the wind at the Sega offices ...

best,
jags
Old Aug 10, 2002, 12:41 AM

Sega quit hardware making, they better at making games, like GUNGRAVE!!!
Old Aug 10, 2002, 07:19 PM
Veteran

dont forget that the dreamcast and many arcade games were all based on the same hardware board.
so maybey when sega/nintendo do release the new arcade board they will start to impliment it into a console (both working together).
No way tho would they call it anything like DC2 tho since people would remember the DC and would instantly think "THATS GOING TO BE UTTER SHITE"
Old Aug 11, 2002, 01:07 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by psibob84 [/i]
[B]dont forget that the dreamcast and many arcade games were all based on the same hardware board.
so maybey when sega/nintendo do release the new arcade board they will start to impliment it into a console (both working together).
No way tho would they call it anything like DC2 tho since people would remember the DC and would instantly think "THATS GOING TO BE UTTER SHITE" [/B]
I could be wrong but wasn't it the other way around...I believe Naomi was based on the DC hardware...

As for the DC2...yeah, that name would definitely suck...but anyone who played the console would never even consider a statement such as that...the DC was most definitely one of the best consoles ever released...now, if they called it the Saturn2 ...