CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 06, 2002, 04:46 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

i think i'll bump this thread as i think i'm having the same problem

JAM
Old Jul 06, 2002, 06:29 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by JAMAL [/i]
[B]i think i'll bump this thread as i think i'm having the same problem

JAM [/B]
Cheers m8
If you get it sorted m8 Let me know

Majid
Old Jul 06, 2002, 08:08 PM

try this link it may help ***********.pppindia.com/intl/pppshar/
Old Jul 07, 2002, 04:57 AM
Veteran

If your comeputers can't ping each other then something is very very wrong.

You have to get that working before you can do anything else.

Since both computers are running XP there should be a network connection icon in the bottom right of your screen.

Double click it and "Local Area Network Status" should apear. Next click on "support" and look at what it says. It should read...

On the HOST

Internet Protocal TCP/IP

Address type - Manually Configured.

IP address - 192.168.0.1

Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway - (Blank) Note it doesn't actually say "blank".

If all is correct then click on "details". In details there should be 6 things. Can you list what it says for those 6 things?

You should also have a look on "general". Could you also tell us what is shown there?

Another thing to check is on the host, go into network connections (on the desktop) and open it. Then right click on LAN and go to properties.

Check it's using the correct network card.

Also count how many things are under "configure" I have 6 under on mine.

One should be Internet Protocol TCP/IP.

Next click on Authentication and make sure that the 3 boxes are ticked. Finially check on "advanced" and make sure that the firewall is blured out.

That's all I can think of for now

Roger
Old Jul 07, 2002, 07:47 AM

ok I'll have a go now.
I have the same set up and I had the same problems as you for months until I called blueyonder again! The guy told me to uninstall zone alarm completely.
That is uninstall it the normal way then basically do a search for a list of files associated with zone alarm. After I deleted these files my pc worked no problem.
The bad news is I don't have access to the pc which has these instructions on it. The best I could do is tell you to call blueyonder and ask for the link with instructions on how to remove zonealarm.
You should get a link which tells you step by step which files to remove. The second half has you changing registry settings but I didn't need to do that part.
Your settings seem fine though and I have confidence that this will solve your problems.
Do an internet search for "uninstall zone alarm" and you will see lots of people who have problems similar to yours.
Let me know how you get on.
[email]darren.lamb@talk21.com[/email]
Old Jul 07, 2002, 12:31 PM
Veteran

Hi m8, you can get a different modem, which will let something like 4 different machines connect to the net at the same time, at the fast speed.

Have you tried this? -The way you are doing it, I think wil slow down the connect.