CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Data Protection/Compression
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 05, 2002, 04:25 AM

Default I Need help to backup The Sims.

sponsored links

Hi, I need some beginners help here please
I Need to backup The Sims, Livin'Large, House Party, Hot Date and Vacation i try to copy the disk's with nero, i installed ok but the game cant load. Why is that, please tell me step by step what to do, do i need a different program ?
I think maybe i only need to backup the latest one (vacation)? it is bacause we have two computers in the house that want to run the game, the game run only with the latest expansion pack so maybe i can just install with my original cd's and use a backup of Vacation to play??
Old Jul 28, 2002, 05:34 PM

Right go to www.megagames.com
get a CD crack
this should sort the problem enables you to run the game with out the cd
Old Aug 24, 2002, 05:38 AM

These games are also safedisk 2 protected, so you need to make sure that your writer is compatable
Old Aug 24, 2002, 05:42 AM

thank you i try that.
Old Aug 24, 2002, 06:40 AM

try downloading a program called clony XXL version 2.0.0.2 , run this on your original disk it will tell you what if any protection it has, and then it will set up clone cd accordingly
oh yeah and if its got safe disk 2 protection you will need to make sure your writers compatible
When you try to play a backed up game it mostly says "please insert correct cd" or something similar therefore you might need to download and run a patch/crack

have a look around and try some of the websites where these are available